Leak

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
First and more importantly, I will take all prayers for my dad who is having surgery to remove cancer as I type this!

I'm out of town as a dad is having surgery to remove a tumor today and last night I received a frantic call from my wife that the house smelled like gas. I asked her to check under the Mustang and she "did" and did not find anything. Finally she called the fire department and they came out to check only to find a leak on the Mustang around the sending unit. It was still leaking this morning (the kitty litter was added this morning and so there was a puddle before she poured it).

They disconnected the battery, put this putty crap all over the area, and pushed it outside. I happen to be in Dallas and so I found a unit today and a restoration shop is going to fix it for me tomorrow.

It is frustrating that I was not home to take care of it.

UGG

image1 (2).JPGimage2 (2).JPG

Thanks guys. Besides the one large cancerous lymph node, they found a bunch of small ones from ear to chin. The doctor (who looks 12) said he thinks that he got them all and they’ve sent all off to biopsy and will follow-up with radiation in a month or two. We should get in to see him in about an hour. He will be here a day or two depending on how he is doing.

Thank you all for your prayers.

I can already hear the stories he will tell the kids. "I was in the woods and was attacked. He almost cut my head off before I beat him off...."

The nurse anesthetist told me when he woke up he asked if she'd help him get his clothes off because he was burning up. (side note she was hot). He's in good spirits and giving everyone a hard time.

The resto shop picked her up on time and I sent the part overnight to them. They'll bring her home Friday.

My thoughts and prayers are with ypu and your family. The big "C" can turn out to be just a speed bump or much worse. Take care and keep us posted
Thanks. We had a scare 5 years ago when they gave him two year to live with small intestine and liver cancer. By the Grace of God after two straight years of chemo it vanished. When this came up, we all freaked out a little, but taking it all in stride.

My thoughts and prayers are with ypu and your family. The big "C" can turn out to be just a speed bump or much worse. Take care and keep us posted
Thanks. We had a scare 5 years ago when they gave him two year to live with small intestine and liver cancer. By the Grace of God after two straight years of chemo it vanished. When this came up, we all freaked out a little, but taking it all in stride.
I lost my Mom to bladder cancer 3 years ago on 13 Jan. I can definitely feel you on that. Good luck...

I lost my Mom to bladder cancer 3 years ago on 13 Jan. I can definitely feel you on that. Good luck...
Sorry your mom and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad went home yesterday a full day early because he was doing better. They found more cancerous lymph nodes than expected, but they think they got it all. He looks a little like Peter Boyle in Young Frakenstein but feels good considering.

The mustang came home today. They found that the sending unit o-ring had rolled and was allowing it to leak. I need to brag on the guys at Classic Restoration and Collision in Bryan.TX for coming to get, fixing the problem, and giving me a great price while I was out of town with dad.

Here she is home in her stable.
2ffa755a032157cade320075efe6fa47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back