Drink Rum

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Navy Pussers rum and Mount Gay rum, these would be my preferred choice if you haven't tried them give it a go.

Bundy rum is sweet and coarse. I like it with Bundy ginger beer that's called a dark and stormy. I also like Bundy with cloves. There are many Aussies devoted to the Bear(Bundy Rum) but Iam not a big fan. They do have some very funny ads

I've always though of rum as a mixer type alcohol and have always mixed it with Coke. A couple of months ago I didn't ave any Coke so I fixed the rum the way I drink whiskey; over ice in a short glass with a splash of water. It was good!

I've never known of anyone drinking rum with just a splash of water. Does anyone else drink rum like this or even straight?

I think I'll go fix one up right now. ;)

I've always though of rum as a mixer type alcohol and have always mixed it with Coke. A couple of months ago I didn't have any Coke so I fixed the rum the way I drink whiskey; over ice in a short glass with a splash of water. It was good!

I've never known of anyone drinking rum with just a splash of water. Does anyone else drink rum like this or even straight?

I think I'll go fix one up right now. ;)
Yep straight or 1 ice cube the better the rum the less need for mixing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it, Bundy Rum absolutely brilliant, a true taste of Queensland. I've drank so much of that stuff over the years, I should have shares in the company. Unfortunately don't drink as much of it these days, because of the meds but still don't mind a drop or two of O.P every now and then. I actually collect Bundaberg Rum and have quite decent collection, don't collect the modern stuff too much these days, as they just became crazy with their "limited" and "collectors" editions. Yeah limited to 100 thousand plus bottles isn't really a rare or a collectible. The masters distillers editions are about the only ones I've collected recently, besides the 125th anniversary one they did a couple of years ago, but I was extremely lucky to get hold of that one and as much as I'd like to crack it open and try it, the price they're worth now just don't justify it. Actually I told my best mate that when either of us dies, that bottle is to be cracked open then and enjoy and celebrate the others life. So even though they're worth quite a few bucks, that bottle is reserved for a "life's" occasion.

Love it, Bundy Rum absolutely brilliant, a true taste of Queensland. I've drank so much of that stuff over the years, I should have shares in the company. Unfortunately don't drink as much of it these days, because of the meds but still don't mind a drop or two of O.P every now and then. I actually collect Bundaberg Rum and have quite decent collection, don't collect the modern stuff too much these days, as they just became crazy with their "limited" and "collectors" editions. Yeah limited to 100 thousand plus bottles isn't really a rare or a collectible. The masters distillers editions are about the only ones I've collected recently, besides the 125th anniversary one they did a couple of years ago, but I was extremely lucky to get hold of that one and as much as I'd like to crack it open and try it, the price they're worth now just don't justify it. Actually I told my best mate that when either of us dies, that bottle is to be cracked open then and enjoy and celebrate the others life. So even though they're worth quite a few bucks, that bottle is reserved for a "life's" occasion.
sounds good to me Jason. However I reckon if you both make it to 80 WTF crack the bastard open and share it while your both above ground

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds good to me Jason. However I reckon if you both make it to 80 WTF crack the bastard open and share it while your both above ground
LOL, Yeah Luke we've discussed doing such a thing one day in the future, but we couldn't agree on an age, so that's why it was decided that it was when one of us kick the bucket. We think back sometimes and the shit we both got up too, it really is amazing that both of us are still here, some crazy, crazy stuff we got up too together. Oh well, maybe both of us getting married and having kids is punishment enough,lol.

Back