Intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Sportsroof. Currently a work in progress!!!
Greeting all.

I'm in Tucson, Az and I am on my 2nd Mustang restoration.

My first was a 1970 Couple that I took from a stock 250 to a car show winning 302 bored .030 with a shelby 4 spped with Hurst Competition plus shift kit and dual exhaust.

My new project is a 1973 Sportsroof which need a lot of help! It's a coupe 10,820 produced (actually less than the convertible I think). It started life as 302 with C4 trans and A/C powering steering.... As it sits now it has a 351C from a 1972 Mustang and a C6 trans.

My goals are some what fluid but I what to save the 351C that is in there now and return the cars A/C which will be an issue - the 351C's A/C mounting is on the left side and the A/C block is on the right side firewall.

So I'll be firing off some questions and be glad to answer a few if I can.

Thanks

Tim

Tucson, Az

1973 Sportsroof Fastback.

Hi Tim. Welcome from Mesa! Let's see some pics!

You are correct, only 10,820 Sportsroof which puts it behind the convertible. http://www.7173mustangs.com/misc.php?page=1973

The air conditioning is correct. The compressor is on the driver side with the passthru to the firewall on the passenger side.

Since we both live in AZ hopefully we can hook up sometime! Every once in a while I head down to the old pueblo.

Welcome from TriCities WA. Would like to see some pics when you have a chance to post some.
She ain't that pretty....yet!!!

73-17_zpsz3k2dpfr.jpg

Here's a link to my site.

http://wp.me/p2YxYx-4B2

Welcome! I have a Sportsroof as well with the same setup, if you need any pics of anything let me know, my car is an a/c car and completely original...nothing has really been tampered with. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Welcome from TriCities WA. Would like to see some pics when you have a chance to post some.
She ain't that pretty....yet!!!

73-17_zpsz3k2dpfr.jpg
Well, that's because the 73 Mustang parked next to her is showing her up. Welcome from Washington State.

Back