2011 5.0 rims will they fit?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
I found these on CL and thinking of trying to get them with the tires for $250 The tires are 255/45/18's.

2011 5.0 rims

My original plan was just to grab some used tires and run around for now with the OEM's with hub caps. From what I am seeing in used tires it is going to cost me close to $160 for 4 mounted and balanced.

Will they fit my 72 Mach front disk rear drum?

Will they look ok on my car? These are temporary at least till I can afford new chrome slot style 17's.

price good? Seems to be especially if I can get the tires.

They will bolt on but the offset is way off. Will rub for sure when turning up front rear should be ok. Might have to run steel 1 in spacers. Don't get aluminum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

scgamecock,

Save your money until you are ready to buy. I bought the 17 inch Mustang Bullitt wheels and had to buy two sets Ebach 25 mm wheel spacers.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eib-904250103/overview/

I ended up knocking out the studs from the spacer, and inserting longer studs to my disc brake, (converted drum hub kit), and rear axle hub, slipping the spacers on to the studs and locking them down. I just did not feel comfy with the stud to stud setup.

CJ Pony Parts wheels that will look good. You will "Not" need wheel spacers. They are designed with the correct backspacing.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-17-wheels/c/60210210/?product_year_mustang=671

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
mustang7173,

I am in desperate need of tires on the back just to get the car mobile locally. 2 are completely flat 1 of them came apart to the wire when I brought it home. Buying new tires would be a waste of money right now so my options are used. I definitely do not have the money for new rims and tires right now. I cannot believe the trouble I am having with finding either a 245/60/15 or 235/60/15 used!!!

Morrow42,

Will these rims and tires stick out past the fender wells in front or back? I definitely do not want that! The fronts will scrub the frame lock to lock or almost lock to lock?? Spacers added to the front would fix the rub but would it then push the front rim out beyond the fender lip or is it already going to be like that?

Thanks guys!

Wade

They won't stick, just the opposite, they will be way in and the fronts will rub on the inside. They will not look good.

Like 73pony said, check with a junk yard or pick 'n' pull.

Back