Boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salhi_aemr

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe Blue ( Sold )
1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )
1972 Mach 1 Gold ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Green ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Vert Yellow
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Pewter
1972 Mustang Mach 1 Grabber Blue
1971 Mustang Fastback Red
[url=https://ibb.co/dW1eva][img]https://preview.ibb.co/kxpoov/Mustang_Collections.jpg[/img][/url]
This guy lives 20 miles away from me and he has 1971 Boss 351, I have attached some pictures so members can tell me their opinion and how original it is and what is a fair offer?

1.jpg

m 3.jpg

m 27.JPG

m 18.jpg

m 39.jpg

m 8.jpg

m 9.jpg

m 6.jpg

IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3067.JPG

This guy lives 20 miles away from me and he has 1971 Boss 351, I have attached some pictures so members can tell me their opinion and how original it is and what is a fair offer?
Just a funny note, no matter hard one tries to conceal the consecutive unit number on Marti reports, someone always overlooks at least one area. :D

This car has been for sale for awhile. Looks to have the correct alt, P/S and water pump pulleys, correct vacuum advance on dist. Power steering cooler, radiator, Rev limiter and alot of tid bits under the hood. Without a personal up close and in your face inspection you can't get close on a actual value on it. I wont even throw a number on it have seen it. I would look at rockers, lower quarters, cowl, areas around the windshield moldings for rust pinholes since the hood shows specific signs of the car bieng in a very humid area. Don't make any offer until you have been front to back, top to bottom!! Do your homework.

Looking at pics, I'd bet on some major cowl rust. Worth restoring, Sure. But at what cost compared to the repairs and work needed?

Did this get bought or is it still for sale?

Agree with the comments here concerning rust issues. Living in a rust belt area, have had much personal experience with rusty cars such as this. Based on the pics, there will be lots of hidden rust areas, some could be in vital areas. This car is worth saving and investing $$$, but it won't be cheap to do it right. I decided years ago never to buy car's for serious restoration purposes that had major rust areas, in the end just not worth the high $$$ investment to me. I went this route on my current big block vert restoration, locating an AZ car with an extremely sound body and unibody, crap everything else... But, at the end of the day, the completed car is stunning inside and out. You have to decide what is important to you and your wallet. Good luck with your decision.

Back