• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johgu31

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Need a tachometer and brake booster for 73 convertible with 351.

Dont buy a used brake booster, should be able to get a rebuilt for about $100. Its not the type of job you want to do twice

I would go with a 'new' one from GPS Brakes. http://gpsbrakes.com/ 

I bought a 'replacement' booster from NPD, and it's totally not even close to fitting our cars (wrong bolt pattern, much thicker and smaller in diameter).  The picture on NPD's site is of a stock booster, and what showed up was not even close.

It's not that bad (I wound up doing mine thrice actually, once with the original booster that leaked vacuum like a sieve, the second time just out of curiosity to see if the NPD unit would fit, and again with the GPS). ;)

Hope that helps!

Dont buy a used brake booster, should be able to get a rebuilt for about $100. Its not the type of job you want to do twice
I have all mine rebuilt by Booster Dewey on the west coast.  Last one cost me about $125.

I have all mine rebuilt by Booster Dewey on the west coast.  Last one cost me about $125.
Yep!  Booster Dewey in Portland Oregon.  Mine was rebuilt by him.

Thanks for your quick replies! It's really heartwarming to know that there are enthusiasts like you willing to help. I hope that I can lend a hand too.

Back