HELP!! Where do these dash braces go???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
I took the dash out a year ago and just got it back in last night.  I cant remember where these braces o.  Anyone have any pics or can point me to where they go?

Ttanks

Wade

20171208_073446.jpg

20171208_073404.jpg

20171207_195858.jpg

20171207_195843.jpg

Both of the pics are of the same brace. One taken from the glove box and one from the top. I should be out at the shop where my parts car is this afternoon. I’ll post some more pics tonight.

Not aware of 2 of these braces in a 72 application. The smaller one in your picture and installed in the picture from Bentworker is the only part and location for a 72.

Not aware of 2 of these braces in a 72 application.  The smaller one in your picture and installed in the picture from Bentworker is the only part and location for a 72.
Hmmmm, I wonder if this is a leftover from a 1971 Corvette I restored several years ago :shootself:

Lol....

I went and scoured the parts car.

I think you have one Vette part / one Mustang part.

The smaller diameter one was the only one on the 73’ rustbucket.
ok so the small diameter bar is what the picture shows.

I swear I thought I pulled the fat diameter bar off from somewhere when I had the HVAC box out.  Hopefully it wasn't somewhere behind the box. :mad: :chin:

Thanks for checking! ::thumb::

Wade

Lol....

I swear I thought I pulled the fat diameter bar off from somewhere when I had the HVAC box out.  Hopefully it wasn't somewhere behind the box. :mad: :chin:

Wade
The small diameter bar is for a 71=73 Mustang and runs from the base of the dash between the radio and the glove box area. It run upward and forward and connects to the cowl area. You can see the bar thru the left side of the glove box in the pic below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol....

Wade
The small diameter bar is for a 71=73 Mustang and runs from the base of the dash between the radio and the glove box area. It run upward and forward and connects to the cowl area. You can see the bar thru the left side of the glove box in the pic below.

Not only did this help with the brace but you answered at least 2 questions regarding wiring I posted in a separate thread!!!!  Good idea labeling the wires.  I wish I had done that a year ago when I removed the dash!!! :shootself: :shootself: :shootself: :shootself:

Thanks!::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Wade

Back