Mass backed carpet feedback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemikiller

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
71 XR-7 hardtop
71 Country Squire
65 hardtop
Going to be replacing the carpet in the Mach next year and was wondering what the experience has been with mass-backed carpets. The ACC Mach carpet fits like complete poop, edges trimmed to short, etc. Hoping the mass backed fits better....

I actually went with ACC Mass-backed (put-pile) molded carpet on mine, and the only issues I had were of my own doing - I moved my seat platforms back 2" for more legroom, which didn't even occur to me I would be creating issues with the carpet later.

A few minutes with the heat gun and after being in-place for a few day, the carpet pretty much fit like it was supposed to.

Just gotta be patient, I guess.

We put mass-back in our vert. We liked it better then the standard ACC carpet. It seems to have more "body" to it (if that make sense) so it fits around the foot well and trans tunnel better. Plus, the extra backing helps a little with noise/heat.

I put it in my 73 Mach 1 and was very happy with how it fit and looks. I let it sit in the hot sun for about four hours before I did the install. I purchased from Rockauto for $100 if I recall.

Good luck...

I got the ACC non-mass backed carpet in my Bronco. After 4 years, it is not wearing very well, but its a truck I use every day. I would ALWAYS go for the mass backed carpet. The extra layer of material on the underside of the carpet makes it much more likely to last longer IMO. It is worth the extra cost.

Back