JimNiki

Hello again to all!

Posted (edited)

Hi guys... It's been a Looooong time since I've logged on.

I'm here again now and hope to participate regularly.

I've got time now that I'm not working and I'd love to get back into the stang talk.

Just ordered some new custom plates and are about to join a new car club here. (have just shifted from Melbourne to Qld)

I've done a bit on the old girl since last being here. The AOD is a beautiful relief!, the CHI heads add quite a wallop, together with the new comp cams pro magnum ultra xd roller rockers.

Nearly forgot, with the AOD upgrade, I also swapped the diff gears from Motive 3.25 to Strange 3.5...

catch soo...

Jim 

Edited by JimNiki

Image3.png

Jim

Hey!  Welcome back!  We did a little forum remolding while you were away...LOL!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Welcome back!!

• Like 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome back.  The AOD is on my wish list for maybe next year.  What tranny did you put in?

• Like 1

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

JimNiki and Luxstang are back....well I'll be darned, the ol' gang is back together again! You didn't see URUGUAYAN_FASTBACK on your travels did you, I always wondered what happened to that guy.......

• Like 1

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

Welcome Back. I've too got back here

Sendt fra min G8341 med Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Welcome back.

• Like 1

- Mike

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys... Yes the forum IS very different! Let's not get too modern, we might all end up wearing 20" low profile wheels soon! lol

Brett, I haven't seen him. I've only just retired to sunny Hervey bay. Joined the Conrodders Hot rod and Customs. A lovely bunch of old farts like me! lol (41 members)

To my surprise another member also has a 71. Grabber green LHD, (1F02H). But it does have a shaker and the honeycomb panel on the back.

What I've done to mine in the last little while. New CHI heads (stage 1, any higher and the spring pressures will wear out the hyd cam). Huge improvement in power! Over 50hp easy...

Got the 7/16 stud version heads for the Comp Cams Ultra pro magnum stainless roller rockers. hardended guides, pushies, etc) These rockers, being stainless didn't need to be chunky like the aluminium ones, therefore fit under the original valve covers.

To answer Lux's q, I'm so glad I got the AOD. (Kevlar clutches). Everything is freeway here, so about 2000 revs is all I need. (Running Strange 3.5 rear diff gears -very quiet compared to Motive)  All that was needed was a shortened tailshaft and modified tranny cross member. (plus lokar linkage to tranny and holley)

Also using a dakota digital gear position thingy for my custom console gear indicators.

Anyone done anything weird and wonderful to theirs! (I want some new ideas now that I'm retired with plenty of time on my hands!)

cheers for now. Jim 

image.png

107454811_3132035266875831_6545338792839703638_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Kr9ulgj3LeoAX85Bmfv&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=80e783b306e04002fbbe0268ca8039e2&oe=5F3055F3

Edited by JimNiki

Image3.png

Jim

Welcome back, guys!  Glad to see the familiar faces and awesome cars, and hear that everybody's doing well!

Eric

mach1sig2.gif