question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chompz

Reaction score
My Car
mustang hardtop 71
hello. I need some help i m trying to finish my car and this part its not fitting
xfvon5.jpg
by the time i put the shifter cover everything goes good but then when i put the console it dosent fit anymore. does anyone know what shoud i do sorry about my explanation but a i m not a native speaker
59zfc1.jpg

xfvon5.jpg

yes its a full console and i have that part too but thats the one that dosent fit when I try to put it next to the ashtray the is like a 2 inch gap. Is there any diference for that part between automatic and standar?

yes its a full console and i have that part too but thats the one that dosent fit when I try to put it next to the ashtray the is like a 2 inch gap. Is there any diference for that part between automatic and standar?
Try and take a picture of all you have (pieces) then another picture as placed in car to show gap.

This could help us understand better your problem and help us offer solutions.

Ray

ok i took some picture this one is of the gap that i m getting

2hmh8qt.jpg

and this are the parts that i have

mv2mwy.jpg

n2e8vl.jpg

308zm08.jpg

thanks in andvance

Did it all fit before? Hard to tell from the picture but you might have to move the console (big part) forward. It looks like the clock piece is not clearing the shifter selector plastic piece, is this correct?

My books do not show a different part number for automatic vs. 4 speed in the exploded view.

Does the selector indicator screw on to the 4 posts in the shifter housing? Trying to see if one of the parts may be incorrect for the model or year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will e. I didnt have the shifter and the metal part that goes with it. So maybe thats the part with the problem

Bkdunha. The selector fits perfect on the 4 post

Ray. Yes the tabs goes in front of the ashtray. A think the problem its at the bottom. Its were it seems not to be fitting properly. And its goes all the way to the front but its the selector idicator the one that dosent let the cover go down

Last edited by a moderator:
do you think its because this car used to be standar???

It looks to me like the full console was installed without being fit properly. If you never had it full assembled then I would almost bet on it. I would remove the screws that hold it down and see it if will all fit together properly when repositioned rearward. If so that is both your problem and solution.

Back