180 mile 73 vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is funny that valuation came up. I had not mentioned it thus far, but the car was for sale when I went out there in August. He was asking 45K. I know he said he had a guy coming down from Michigan to look at this and another low mileage (29K) early 70's Monte Carlo he has.

Man! That is beautiful! I could probably stare at it and everything about it for hours!

I am always interested in engine compartment wiring looms and locations.

Think it has the original oil?

What did they do to the fuel? Burn it off, let it evaporate?

I would also like to see the seals on the front of the convertible top. I wonder if they left the top tight or if they kept the top loose so the rubber would stay in the expanded state.

Lastly, my understanding is the tires from our oversea manufacturers are inflated to like 50 pounds for the trip over here, and then deflated at the dealer to keep the tires round...I wonder if this car had over inflated tires. Don't think I would drive on 40 year old tires though.

And has anyone here ever bought a car with the dealer badge on it? ugh.

I wonder if that car will ever be driven the way it was intended.
And you wonder why you can't sleep well at night?

It's interesting to note the trunk lid alignment is off in the picture of the dealers badge. Makes me feel better about my trunk lid alignment. Must have been a common fit and finish problem at the factory.
Mike - I didn't want to be the one to bring it up! :D

I also don't feel so bad about alignment now. It's a beautiful car and justification on me not having to be a perfectionist. :cool:

We get the usual low mileage 70 boss trailer queens at some of the local car shows here.

The cars still have the original polyglas tyres they rolled off the factory with ... (They put them on for showing only)..

A musclecar like this to be a trailer queen the remainder of it's life ... Oh the stench of Irony...

BK, there is so much to like about seeing an original car like this. Thanks for posting the pics. Please post more if you can. I'd like to see a shot of the window sticker so as to compare to the Eminger invoice's look and info.

It's interesting to note the trunk lid alignment is off in the picture of the dealers badge. Makes me feel better about my trunk lid alignment. Must have been a common fit and finish problem at the factory.
Mike - I didn't want to be the one to bring it up! :D

I also don't feel so bad about alignment now. It's a beautiful car and justification on me not having to be a perfectionist. :cool:
I saw that too. Plus there is a fair amount of overspray in the driver side rear wheel well.

One of the most interesting things I just noticed is this was a Basic order meaning that it was produced at a lull period at the factory. Or maybe because it was known by Ford the dealer was buying it Ford decided to code it as Basic. Normally if a car was already sold it would be a priority Retail code since that's money in the bank for Ford once the car was produced.

I wonder what the Mach 1 was coded that was also bought by the dealer.

BK, there is so much to like about seeing an original car like this. Thanks for posting the pics. Please post more if you can. I'd like to see a shot of the window sticker so as to compare to the Eminger invoice's look and info.
I was going through some pictures of this 73 (more research for my car) and recalled the window sticker being of interest to someone. So Don, here ya go.

090212 263.JPG

090212 264.JPG

090212 265.JPG

The locking spare was part of the appearance protection package that this car look like it has. Most people took the look off and left it off. I have one on my Mach 1 that was a dealer add since you could not get the appearance protection on a 73 Mach.

I just went and looked the one is still on Hemmings was there back in Dec. when I was looking for one, has 68 miles. http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/ford/mustang/1697344.html

I am tempted to go take a ton of pictures of this one before it is gone.

The local dealer in Greenville S.C. had either a convertible or Mach that was just pushed from show room to warehouse in back. Don't know if they still have it or not. I am sure you all know of Jackie Jones in Georgia and Western N.C. he buys cars and warehouses them. He had one of the zero mile Boss 9s and I think Perkins bought it. He bought two of the new Cobra Jet factory race cars and put in his warehouse.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG I thought I was the only one! I have spent HOURS trying to get my trunk lid right. That dog just won't hunt...Gives it character I guess.

I'm mixed on this.

Nothing is quite as sad or tragic as a tiger at the a zoo.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know when I first looked at the trunk lid pic I said to myself "That's my trunk corner! I guess I'll stop attempting to correct it any more."

Back