1971 Convertible Monte Carlo Bar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible, factory 302, disc brakes and A/C. Started to rebuild it all original but elected to go full tilt and rebuilt everything in the drivetrain, a/c, cooling, etc. etc. etc.
I have a 1971 Convertible with factory A/C that has been totally replaced to include a modern sanden style compressor. I purchased a straight Monte Carlo bar that will not work due to clearance issues with the compressor,even though it is much smaller then the original I removed.

I want a Monte Carlo bar and we are planning to make a custom one for my car. But before we begin, I thought that I would pole the audience here and see if someone has already accomplished this undertaking. If so I would really like to see some pictures and obtain some advice. By the way I have a 14" K&N XStream air filter to navigate around as well.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I have a 1971 Convertible with factory A/C that has been totally replaced to include a modern sanden style compressor. I purchased a straight Monte Carlo bar that will not work due to clearance issues with the compressor,even though it is much smaller then the original I removed.

I want a Monte Carlo bar and we are planning to make a custom one for my car. But before we begin, I thought that I would pole the audience here and see if someone has already accomplished this undertaking. If so I would really like to see some pictures and obtain some advice. By the way I have a 14" K&N XStream air filter to navigate around as well.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Let's see....straight Monte Carlo bar...smaller than original...make one for his car...pole the audience...appreciates insight.

Nope. Can't help you with your car. But I can probably help you with the bar.

Actually, someone here just made some sub frame connectors with a tube bender. Search for frame or tube bender and you should find something within the past week.

So where in Monte Carlo is the bar?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's one in every crowd. lol. After reviewing my post and noting your observations it is pretty funny. ::laugh::

Let me try to re-phrase my inquiry. I want build a support that connects the two shock towers in my engine bay to maximize the strength of my front suspension. :p

I did see the subframe connectors that are being built and they look like they are going to be real nice. I have the Global West tubular ones, but I like his idea of making longer ones for even more strength.

And what do you mean, you don't think that you could drive your Mustang with torsional stiffness? It keeps your hands free for other activities in the interior, especially once you and your partner have utilized your seat warmers after activating your secret hidden switch under the dash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back