• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971 J-code Project on E bay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicsguy

Reaction score
My Car
1968 GT/CS California Special
Not sure if it will work but will try the link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-Mustang-Mach-1-429SCJ-Super-Cobra-Jet-J-Code-4-Speed-/271026425110?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f1a6f0d16

Maybe somebody can post the link correctly....

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same car one of our members posted up here for $19,500.00

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-for-sale-1971-429scj

I hope he gets it but to be honest not gonna happen on flea bay..If it goes to $5000.00-8000.00 there I'd be amazed.. As discussed before... Buyers market..Buyers are not paying 19,500.00 for a car that needs another 20-35-k To put it 110% when you can buy a finished turn key one or one that needs very little work in 30-60K range. Not to be negative but that's the reality right now..

For me this raises a big red flag

"Inner fender stampings not visible as fenders have been replaced or the numbers glassed over."

Q - You weren't negative, just real. And I appreciate that perspective. And I have to agree with you - from what I have seen, the current market is still in the favor of the buyer.

Smokem - Never heard of anyone 'glassing over' any identifying markings. Good catch. Makes me wonder too.

Ray

Q - You weren't negative, just real. And I appreciate that perspective. And I have to agree with you - from what I have seen, the current market is still in the favor of the buyer.

Smokem - Never heard of anyone 'glassing over' any identifying markings. Good catch. Makes me wonder too.

Ray
I have 4 1971 429 Project cars that I have purchased over the last 5 years. I haven't paid any more than $7500 for one (they are somewhat rusty, but all the parts and matching engines/trans are there also). Most I paid around $5k for them. Did bid on this one also, but it will be my usual reasonable offer.

I saw both of these cars at Syracuse last weekend. I spoke with the man who owns the cars. He is very knowlegable in what these cars are. The SCJ is a rust bucket in my opinion beyond repair, butit has all the right parts. On the other hand the "parts car" is a very nice body donor. It is very straight and mostly rust free with the exception of the floors. Not a bad buy if it could be had for the $1,400.00 credit he is posting. I believe "Q" is correct, it is a lot of $$$ for the amount of work ahead of it !!!

I saw both of these cars at Syracuse last weekend. I spoke with the man who owns the cars. He is very knowlegable in what these cars are. The SCJ is a rust bucket in my opinion beyond repair, butit has all the right parts. On the other hand the "parts car" is a very nice body donor. It is very straight and mostly rust free with the exception of the floors. Not a bad buy if it could be had for the $1,400.00 credit he is posting. I believe "Q" is correct, it is a lot of $$$ for the amount of work ahead of it !!!
Thats probably why he didnt respond to me with pics!:( If he was really knowlegable about the cars he would know rust buckets are not selling and clean drivers are selling for what he is asking. His rude awakening will be cars like that just arent bringing that kind of money anymore.:(

It has only bid to $5,900.00...way to go to $19,500 with a little over a day left. Sooner or later he has to be realistic about the price.

That seems about right a stripped dry 71 for 3,000 and a J rust bucket for 5,000 about 42% of what he was asking that would hurt if he purchased in the last 7-8 years!

another good clue was the "10" post including his ad Im sorry (no I'm not) but dont act like a member just to sell your car. If your not ....just say your not and you want to advertise your car!!!!

Back