• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971 SCJ Mach1 in New Jersey for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atvdave

Reaction score
My Car
71 sci
I’m selling my 1971 automatic 429 SCJ Mach1, it’s a roller, no motor or trans . Car was last registered in 1978 according to the reg and inspection stickers in the windshield , car was striped down in the 80’s to be restored or parted out and parked  From what I was told the motor and trans were sold to someone in south jersey years ago. I do not have any other sheatmetal other then what you see. Seat and carpet are gone , dash and cluster are still in it with 76k miles on the clock. According to the Marti report the car sat on the dealer lot till 8/72 when it was sold . Original 31 spline rear and N case in it. Floors will need attention frame rail and doors are solid. My opinion A donor car would have to be used for all little brackes and such. All vins present clean Nj title

harry potter and the deathly hallows summary

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i most likely looks like a NO GO for me unless a winning powerball ticket comes my way.  But I do have questions that I'm sure we all want to know.

1) 4 speed or auto?

2) Is all sheet metal present?  Hood, drivers fender, grille, etc.

3) You only show one pic with a lot of parts off the car.  Do you have all the parts, or did someone else take it apart?

4) How long have you owned it, and do you know what happend to the engine and tranny?

5) Looks like the engine bay was stripped.  Are all the parts with the car including Ram-Air components, oil coolers, radiator, rev limiter, etc?

6) Are the wiring harnesses and dash components good and with the car?

7)  Was the interior stored inside, or has it been in the car and exposed to elements?

More pictures will help your sales effort too.

kcmash

Agreed...

Interesting how it was built in the first couple months of the '71 model year, but wasn't sold until August of '72 when the '73s started rolling in. Methinks it was a drag car for the dealership since Millville is a stones throw from the old Dover Dragway.

Agreed...

Interesting how it was built in the first couple months of the '71 model year, but wasn't sold until August of '72 when the '73s started rolling in. Methinks it was a drag car for the dealership since Millville is a stones throw from the old Dover Dragway.
 That’s what I was thinking

It's a shame, because that car was a fierce warrior back in the day. The 429 CJ and SCJ Mustangs were some of the fastest cars of the entire musclecar era, yet very few people are aware of that. From the looks of the firewall area, no doubt the cowl is also rusted out. Someone would need very deep pockets, and be able to locate parts which are made from "unobtainium". It could be done by the right person with the right skill set, or access to a bank vault. It's the kind of car you hope can be saved in some manner. Interesting that it came with Power Steering and AM/8-Track stereo. My 429 CJ-R 4 speed non-Drag Pack car doesn't have Power Steering and only has the AM radio.

donkostIt's a shame, because that car was a fierce warrior back in the day.  The 429 CJ and SCJ Mustangs were some of the fastest cars of the entire musclecar era, yet very few people are aware of that.  From the looks of the firewall area, no doubt the cowl is also rusted out.  Someone would need very deep pockets, and be able to locate parts which are made from "unobtainium".  It could be done by the right person with the right skill set, or access to a bank vault.  It's the kind of car you hope can be saved in some manner.  Interesting that it came with Power Steering and AM/8-Track stereo.  My 429 CJ-R 4 speed non-Drag Pack car doesn't have Power Steering and only has the AM radio.

It’s will be a cool project for some one , it’s really solid other then the floor, someone 

Striped the engine compartment of the paint , it’s really solid and a great start to a high end car.

What is the asking price?
I need a 71 blue 429 (don't have a blue one yet), but for about that same price, there is a 429 Coupe up for sale via ebay that I am looking at (not an SCJ - but very complete).  

don't have a blue one yet..

@Motorcity Mustang, what other reason one could possibly have??? You lucky B! :D

At least there are the exhaust manifolds with the car. A pair was offered here past week for just 2k.

The rest should be easy and cheap to locate like a pair of D00E-R heads and the few other 71 only and s/ CJ only details...

Tho, I hope someone will try to save it. It really should not be in this state.

don't have a blue one yet..

@Motorcity Mustang, what other reason one could possibly have??? You lucky B! :D

At least there are the exhaust manifolds with the car. A pair was offered here past week for just 2k.

The rest should be easy and cheap to locate like a pair of D00E-R heads and the few other 71 only and s/ CJ only details...

Tho, I hope someone will try to save it. It really should not be in this state.
If it was $4-5k, I would probably buy it.  Trying to find a SCJ motor, and all the SCJ parts will be the expensive part.

Back