• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971 upper cowl cut out

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1dave

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi guys, long shot I know, but......

Having had the screen removed on my '71 Mach 1, this was found!

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

Wondered if any of you was chopping up a 71/73 fastback and would sell me a cutout patch panel to replace?

I'm based in London, but the part would be shipped to Florida where I have someone who would ship it on.

Please guys, I'm desperate:(

regards,

Dave.

I would look further to make sure thats the only spot..There's a very good chance that there's more rust than meets the eye..check the top hats too...If thats the only spots, fabricating some patches shouldn't be to hard for a competent body guy.

pull those plastic screens out and look toward each fender with a flash light. then look under the dash on each side....I almost know what you are going to find.

Hi guys!

Yes, nasty:(

Luckily, the lower cowl was repaired a few years ago - this bit was missed because it's hidden by the screen (which was not removed at the time)

Dave.

Hi guys!

Yes, nasty:(

Luckily, the lower cowl was repaired a few years ago - this bit was missed because it's hidden by the screen (which was not removed at the time)

Dave.
Hi Dave I cut my panel out of a rust free 73 California Coupe. It's a job to do but it can be done.Mike.

01 031.jpg

cowl patch 001.jpg

cowl patch 002.jpg

cowl patch 004.jpg

cowl patch done 001.jpg

cowl patch done 004.jpg

Hi guys, long shot I know, but......

Having had the screen removed on my '71 Mach 1, this was found!

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

Wondered if any of you was chopping up a 71/73 fastback and would sell me a cutout patch panel to replace?

I'm based in London, but the part would be shipped to Florida where I have someone who would ship it on.

Please guys, I'm desperate:(

regards,

Dave.
Dave pm sent

Don

Back