1972 351C runs crap

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you must set your timing curve so it is optimal for your engine . inaccurate timing can cause overheating.

AWESOME NEWS!!!! So glad you got it running. What an ordeal!

I sincerely hope your troubles are far behind you now and you can go enjoy your ride.

Good luck and keep us up on progress.

Geoff.

Put about 75 miles on it today with zero issues, also booked an appointment for "inspection" of the car, MOT or whatever its called in the US. Or was that UK?

2 remarks only, front left brake hose and rear middle brake hose needs replacement. Not bad.

So now i drive legally for a month, and when i replace the hoses and inspect again o get two years

I just want to thank everybody here for all the help to finally get my cat back on the road, now im just going to enjoy it and hope that there will be no more mishaps in a while :D

All of you have been truly helpful in aiding me, and i am extremely thankful.

If any of you ever would end up in northern sweden i promise you i will buy you beer ::thumb::

Put about 75 miles on it today with zero issues, also booked an appointment for "inspection" of the car, MOT or whatever its called in the US. Or was that UK?

2 remarks only, front left brake hose and rear middle brake hose needs replacement. Not bad.

So now i drive legally for a month, and when i replace the hoses and inspect again o get two years

I just want to thank everybody here for all the help to finally get my cat back on the road, now im just going to enjoy it and hope that there will be no more mishaps in a while :D

All of you have been truly helpful in aiding me, and i am extremely thankful.

If any of you ever would end up in northern sweden i promise you i will buy you beer ::thumb::
That's great news, so glad you're running again. The other stuff is minor........... as long as you don't need to stop in a hurry!!

MOT is UK. Here in Ontario Canada, we only "safety" cars when they change hands, BUT we do have a stupid emissions test every 2 years unless the car is under 7 years old. A cash grab at best!! Not sure about the US and their rules.

Geoff

In Texas, we have annual vehicle safety inspections, which I think are warranted - there are plenty of unsafe 'farm trucks/ranch vehicles/etc.' on the roads in all sorts of shape with various things falling off them at any given time. It's only $15/year.

They only do emissions in high-population areas [in Texas], and the safety inspection/emissions laws vary from state to state. I think Texas is pretty lax, actually... but it's not the worst - New Mexico (no safety inspection at all) comes to mind.

In Nevada only the Reno and Las Vegas areas have emissions inspections, no safety. I believe all of California tests emissions, no safety. Only two areas in Oregon test emissions, Portland and Medford, no safety.

Safety inspection is a pretty good idea actually, but here in sweden they could take it a little more easy.

Question, do i need lead additive for this car?

And also, this tachometer issue, i read somewhere about some kind of filter to make it work?

Back