1972 Convertible Q code, 4 speed, Ram Air, A/C, Marti Report/Window Sticker Pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember this car! I can't remember all the details, but my experience with it goes back to the early 90s. I am from south Louisiana and I remember seeing the car in "Wheeler Dealer" before it was purchased by the then owner and restored. The funny thing is that the ad didn't even mention the car was a Q code, so I assumed it was an H or F code and passed on it. Who would advertise a car like that and not mention it was a Q code? Obviously someone who didn't realize the extra value it would bring. One day I randomly called about the car and kicked myself for not calling earlier. I may have even kept the ad. The PO referred me to the guy who bought it and we had lots of conversations but lost touch. He sent me Polaroids of the car that I still have somewhere. What a cool rare car. Congratulations for buying it. Can you tell me who you bought it from? I wonder if it was the same guy I had spoken with, or if it had changed hands. Kevin.

Well that is very interesting. I assume “ wheeler dealer” is a local “cars for sale” paper and not the current tv show that we watch? Will get the po’s info for you later. Wife is still asleep where the paperwork is. It has been owned by a handful of people. Those Polaroids sound very interesting. Would love to see those if you still have them.
Thanks for the info.

I remember this car! I can't remember all the details, but my experience with it goes back to the early 90s. I am from south Louisiana and I remember seeing the car in "Wheeler Dealer" before it was purchased by the then owner and restored. The funny thing is that the ad didn't even mention the car was a Q code, so I assumed it was an H or F code and passed on it. Who would advertise a car like that and not mention it was a Q code? Obviously someone who didn't realize the extra value it would bring. One day I randomly called about the car and kicked myself for not calling earlier. I may have even kept the ad. The PO referred me to the guy who bought it and we had lots of conversations but lost touch. He sent me Polaroids of the car that I still have somewhere. What a cool rare car. Congratulations for buying it. Can you tell me who you bought it from? I wonder if it was the same guy I had spoken with, or if it had changed hands. Kevin.
The second owner was named LaPage and next owner was a Chambers and then me. Assuming my records are complete.

The second owner was named LaPage and next owner was a Chambers and then me. Assuming my records are complete.
Yes, Wheeler Dealer was a magazine you got in the convenience store. It was so long ago I don't remember the guys name. He also had a restomod looking 71-73 convertible painted red with argent stripes and it is in the Polaroid with your car. I'll look for the photos.

Yes, Wheeler Dealer was a magazine you got in the convenience store. It was so long ago I don't remember the guys name. He also had a restomod looking 71-73 convertible painted red with argent stripes and it is in the Polaroid with your car. I'll look for the photos.
Here is a copy of an article in Mustang Illistrated with a pic of three mustangs the second owner had at the time. Does the other convertible look like the car you mentioned? And it is a very small world.

1690935953312.jpeg

Here is a copy of an article in Mustang Illistrated with a pic of three mustangs the second owner had at the time. Does the other convertible look like the car you mentioned? And it is a very small world.

View attachment 79771
Yes! That is the car I had mentioned before. In fact, the Polaroid I had looks like the picture in the article. So cool he got the car in Mustang Illustrated. Small world indeed when it comes to these cars!

I was addicted to the local auto trader with pics of the cars for sale.

Back