1973 AC POA Valve

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrisrf

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Conv Q code
Can anyone tell me how hard it is to remove the POA valve from my AC.

Classic air sent out a notice saying that when you convert from R12 to R134 you have to adjust the POA valve counterclockwise 1/4 turn.

The best I can tell it is near the firewall next to the evaporator.

You don't have a POA valve...You have an Expansion Valve...If you convert to 134 (a Bad Idea, IMHO) just Replace the Expansion Valve with a 134 Compatiable one....A Better Idea would be to Charge the System with Freeze12....

I am lost too what is freeze 12???

http://freeze12.net/ I've used it with mixed results, see pressure curve info in write up. I've also had mixed results with 134a conversions, with and without larger capacity condensors. If it is an original style system (evaporator, condenser, expansion valve, and compressor) AND you want it to be COLD, bite the bullet and put R-12 in the system. Just my experience, I'm not and AC technician. Chuck

When I get my car up and running, factory AC, I will probably just bite the bullet ang go with R12. Though I have heard that you can go to Mexico and get your ac charged for next to nothing, maybe a old wives tale. If it is true I would do it since I am only 1 1/2 hours from NM(Raton) and maybe 6-7 hrs on I 25 from there to Mexico.

When I get my car up and running, factory AC, I will probably just bite the bullet ang go with R12. Though I have heard that you can go to Mexico and get your ac charged for next to nothing, maybe a old wives tale. If it is true I would do it since I am only 1 1/2 hours from NM(Raton) and maybe 6-7 hrs on I 25 from there to Mexico.
Dude, Mexico is more like 9-10 hours. I live near the Springs and it took me 8 1/2 hours to get to Artesia, NM which is still an hour from El Paso. For that investment in time and money I'd just get the AC charged domestically. That and I don't know if I'd want to go to Mexico these days with all the troubles. YMMV, but I'm just sayin'.

It would be good to get away for a while, an AC charge would be a good thing to do while there. But your right maybe Mexico would not be a place to go, it has become a much more in-hospital place. It has been a while since I been down that way, but I don't remember it taking that long. I went to Almogordo back in 06 and it seemed like time flew,lol.

Back