1989 shebly csx

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakebite8

Reaction score
My Car
67-fastback gt k-code
72-mach 1 HO
Found a 1989 Shelby csx, car has 20,000 miles. Been sitting since around 2008. Interior is perfect shape. Outside could use some tlc. Guy what's to sell it. Asking 6,000. But I'm not sure what these cars r going for. Any help

wont download pics

Last edited by a moderator:
does not seem to many have been to the site for a long time

Probably 'cause there aren't many around.

I'd pass. Way too obscure, no desirability factor.

It's probably a $1500-2k car, tops.

And I like obscure stuff.

As an aside, there's an '86 McLaren ASC Mercury Capri for sale local to me. It has been modified with Mustang parts, has hole chopped in the hood for a SVO scoop grafting, etc. Asking price is affordable, but it's a car that could easily bury someone in resto costs. As a driver, no problem if it is mechanically sound, but finding ASC specific parts for it would be a nightmare. With the mods it has, no telling what else the PO hacked up. I had seen the car long before it came up for sale and only took 1 walk around it before I left.

Shelby is not all hacked. I know they few people have a want for one. But I would like to have a affordable Shelby. Lol

It looks like a complete crap car. I would not buy one.

Sorry but those cars were complete POS's. I have owned three (not Shelbys) but my good friend had a Shelby. It was just OK but the base vehicles they were built with were terrible.

For that money I'd look for a similar year Fox body stang - maybe Saleen - that needs a little work to make nice. Much better car and much more fun!

These are my opinions based on previous ownership and experiences with those Chrysler/Dodge cars. Research the cars online and you will probably find more have posted the negative issues with these cars.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide. Maybe the car you are considering is the very best example of the bunch!

Ray

It looks like a complete crap car. I would not buy one.
:udaman:

I didnt want to be the first hater..... but I'd start at 1000 if you REALLY need this car. 6000? I would love for him to talk about watchin Barrett Jackson. Bet he is GLUED to the tv.:D

Isn't CSX a railroad company?
LOL well to most of us....but this was a POS Dodge Shadow with CSX Shelby name attached to remove funds from the pockets of folks for the reward of the Shelby name.

*no offense to the thread holder or your interest in Shelby

I have to speak from experience with these as well. My father retired from Chrysler in 99' and my home town was an AMC/Chrysler town until the late 80's. They built the 5th Avenues and last of the Omni/Horizon in my homw town. The Shadow and Shelby CSX were not the best cars. I have 2 Shadow's in the late 80's an ES and a Sport. I wouild not recommend a buy on this car unless you just have to have it for it's rarity. Not any collector value and I would not think it would ever have much. Now the Shelby Dayton Turbo I had with t-tops. That was a fun car.

I have to speak from experience with these as well. My father retired from Chrysler in 99' and my home town was an AMC/Chrysler town until the late 80's. They built the 5th Avenues and last of the Omni/Horizon in my homw town. The Shadow and Shelby CSX were not the best cars. I have 2 Shadow's in the late 80's an ES and a Sport. I wouild not recommend a buy on this car unless you just have to have it for it's rarity. Not any collector value and I would not think it would ever have much. Now the Shelby Dayton Turbo I had with t-tops. That was a fun car.
Well that's two strikes against you! From Memphis or better known as northeastern ARKANSAS AND built the OMNI and HORIZON, the only thing that could be more embarrassing is if ya'll manufactured the K car.:D But I must agree with your comment.

I had a Dodge Shadow.... and it didn't have the AWESOME Shelby name I could never understand the draw. It wasthe biggest POS until a Catholic "Priest RAMMED me up the rear"

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what everyone is saying. Trust me. I have a 1990 Saleen and a 1993 Cobra on my eye which I rather buy before the CSX. It's just something about the CSX that I like. Maybe the 4cyl turbo or only 500 made. Or it's red with good rims. Always a big fan of that. To be honest I don't believe I would buy it for over 3500.00. Maybe it is the Shelby name on it. Either case I'll keep everyone informed

I'm happy that you're not taking offense to our "response for advice".:D

We've hit you kinda hard but understand that a couple of us have owned them. Now I may have been tainted by the fact that I had to (no I chose to) sell a beautiful 67 Coupe that was 400 hp and would scream to go to trial to win custody of my daughter. I had to buy the POS Dodge Shadow as transportation. I would NOT go out on dates unless I could "borrow" a friends car!!!! When I went to bars, i would park down the street,That was one embarrassing car.

With that said, buy the CSX and tell me where the Saleen is...:D

i might be looking to buying that saleen tonight. its a 1990. needs a lot work. runs but be sitting a long time

i might be looking to buying that saleen tonight. its a 1990. needs a lot work. runs but be sitting a long time
buy it !! regardless of the potential extra work... a certain level of return is in your favor vs the other option.

Back