2011 Honda Pilot Antilock Brake electrical question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
My kid has a 2011 Honda 4WD Pilot with antilock breaks. The car set for about two years and it as a result of it sitting some rodent of some kind eight one of the wires to wheel sensor on the antilock brakes. I’m trying to figure out with the replacement connector and lead wires that I purchased and a wiring diagram that I found online, if there is a way to wire the connector correctly or is it more likely it doesn’t matter for the purpose of the sensor. Here is a picture of the connector and a picture of the wiring diagram of that area:

IMG_2420.jpeg IMG_1039.png

The sensor is the left rear wheel. The diagram shows the lead wires to the connector are the same color (white), with them connected to a grey and purple wire. Based on the diagram, does it look like it doesn’t matter which wire I connect? I’ve ask the same on a Honda Pilot forum, but getting no response.

I‘m hoping someone either has the answer or an idea how to proceed. Steve

Yea, I couldn’t find a connector diagram. Was lucky to get that one. I suspected the wiring didn't matter because the replacement connector’s wires were both the same color. Well, I’ll find out when I wire it up. Thanks for the input, it helps.

Yea, I couldn’t find a connector diagram. Was lucky to get that one. I suspected the wiring didn't matter because the replacement connector’s wires were both the same color. Well, I’ll find out when I wire it up. Thanks for the input, it helps.
Send me your Vin in message, will get you the info tomorrow. Also what wheel.

Well, long story short, I didn’t fix it. When I started, the codes were both sides indicated a circuit issue, not a sensor issue. So, I thought, that one chewed spot must be affecting more than the two wires for the left rear sensor. As I pulled the wires, I realized there were two ends and a 3” gap in the harness. That tied both of the rear sensors to the harness. It was a huge pain to work on it, the harness was above the subframe of the rear axle assembly, and I could only access a short section of each end. Well, I was able to fix the harness; these wires were very small diameter, like sprinkler control or HVAC wires, but not a single strand. So, attaching them together in a limited space, lying on back, reaching up, etc. wasn’t any fun. I got it done, did the reset of the Anti Lock breaks and the VSS, and it still showed all of the lights. So, I took it back to Autozone, they tested it and now I only had the left rear circuit issue code. I suspect there are more damaged wires as a result in the rodent issue than I can reach or find. I’m gonna have to take it somewhere that has experience in this vehicle. Wish I could have fixed it. Again, thank you for the help. So glad our cars are pre computer controlled.

Back