2v power?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The open chamber heads are always prone to detonation. The original designs were compromised after the fact by engineers forced to try to comply with changing regulations. They gave up after 1973.

i wish i could go back 8 years tell my engine builder that, during the heated argument we had. he was the cleveland expert you know(seriously *face palm)

I got open chambered heads...10:1 compression pop up pistons...I never had a problem with ping...it would even run on 90 octang...But loved 91 and up...Open chambered heads are not bad...And not here to start a fight..But if set up right will run just as good as closed...And this is always a heated topic..Cause everyone has diffrence experiences with them.. Open chambered according to some flow a little better cause of less valve shrouding .. Which they can take in and have machined down... The closed chambered combustion chamber is of considerably lower volume than open chambered , and in which the valves are tightly shrouded by the casting at the mating surface of the head. Open chambered heads feature a larger combustion chamber that does not tightly shroud the valves and instead extends to a full circle equal in diameter to that of the cylinder bore....Some racers love open for lack of valve shourding...But closed are great for making high compression.....Both heads enjoy to be launched at 2500 rpms..1000 too 1500 v2's will have the advantage anyways....But with a nice high stall auto..It wont matter much..Maybe thats why i never had a issue driving in town..Nor any issues with getting her to wrap out fast...I hit 6500 back with her quite a few times in the old days...And she was still pulling.

This tricked out running pantera of the year in 1999 was 10.2:1 to produce 527hp at a 6750 rpm, 4V open-chamber heads with Lunati roller lifters ....The heads could flow up too 700hp... More than block could realy handle.. http://www.panteracars.com/laslo.html dont trash them...I'll take any 4v head if they are not cracked..lol ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back