351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He may have problem of some sort or, may just be a troll. Which is also a problem that we need not indulge. Chuck

I got the wipers installed were they belong with help members from the forum. Thanks!
Installed the hood as well. The twist locks are giving me a bit of trouble.
Dropping it off Saturday morning at the exhaust/alignment shop. So looking forward to it being quiet. Open headers has been fun but it's time.

Attachments

• IMG_3238.JPG
    IMG_3238.JPG
    560.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3241.JPG
    IMG_3241.JPG
    547.4 KB · Views: 0
A mile stone this week. I got the Mach 1 registered. Typical California BS Sacramento has to approve the use of the original CA blue plates.

A good buddy of mine loaned me his awesome car trailer to drop it off at the exhaust/alignment shop.

Attachments

• IMG_3244.JPG
    IMG_3244.JPG
    440.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3250.JPG
    IMG_3250.JPG
    566 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3251.JPG
    IMG_3251.JPG
    616.2 KB · Views: 1
Dropping it off Saturday morning at the exhaust/alignment shop. So looking forward to it being quiet. Open headers has been fun but it's time.
As being a "car guy" since I was sixteen, I've often thought it was a Rite of Passage to put different exhausts on your car, and drive it to the muffler shop uncorked. It seems like every guy who has hopped up his car, or installed headers, has done this in their life. When I was a younger man, back in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, Ca, there were muffler shops everywhere. Magic Muffler (The Friendly Purple Shops) with the Genie on their sign, was a chain of shops and easy to find. Gil's Muffler ( Reseda and Roscoe?) did many custom and hot rod cars. Huth Muffler was closest to me, had 5 or 6 lifts working every day . They custom bent up the "over the frame" headers on my Hemi powered '34 Ford coupe.. Customs and Lowriders were getting duals, glasspacks, "Lakesides", "pencil-tips" and "Bellflowers" installed all the time. Fast forward to today........true muffler shops are fewer and further between and harder to find, as I'm sure some of you don't even have a shop near you. At the risk of sounding like a reminiscing old fart, my God, I miss lots of things that once were. Man, it was just everyday, and fun, and we all had no idea it was all going to go away.

As being a "car guy" since I was sixteen, I've often thought it was a Rite of Passage to put different exhausts on your car, and drive it to the muffler shop uncorked. It seems like every guy who has hopped up his car, or installed headers, has done this in their life. When I was a younger man, back in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, Ca, there were muffler shops everywhere. Magic Muffler (The Friendly Purple Shops) with the Genie on their sign, was a chain of shops and easy to find. Gil's Muffler ( Reseda and Roscoe?) did many custom and hot rod cars. Huth Muffler was closest to me, had 5 or 6 lifts working every day . They custom bent up the "over the frame" headers on my Hemi powered '34 Ford coupe.. Customs and Lowriders were getting duals, glasspacks, "Lakesides", "pencil-tips" and "Bellflowers" installed all the time. Fast forward to today........true muffler shops are fewer and further between and harder to find, as I'm sure some of you don't even have a shop near you. At the risk of sounding like a reminiscing old fart, my God, I miss lots of things that once were. Man, it was just everyday, and fun, and we all had no idea it was all going to go away.
Spike my original plan was to drive it there with open headers. The main reason I didn't was my tape measure alignment. It was little sketchy to drive. There are other shops close to me just wasn't impressed with them.

So when my buddy offered up his trailer for the event I took it. I got a few thumbs up well rolling down the freeway.

Simply gorgeous, My Friend! I LOVE how this is coming along! I'm still too chicken to drill into that 'new' sheet metal and mount up my lower moldings. We 'no stripes guys' gotta represent, though.

I'd've been tempted to run uncorked as well, but the bolt-on Pypes Street Pro system I went with was too easy to just put on and clamp together. I did eventually take it to the exhaust shop where he welded all the joints and installed an O2 sensor bung for the EFI. Better to be safe than sorry in the PRC - CHP probably would've impounded and kept your car for even just the smallest romp to the exhaust shop.

Simply gorgeous, My Friend! I LOVE how this is coming along! I'm still too chicken to drill into that 'new' sheet metal and mount up my lower moldings. We 'no stripes guys' gotta represent, though.

I'd've been tempted to run uncorked as well, but the bolt-on Pypes Street Pro system I went with was too easy to just put on and clamp together. I did eventually take it to the exhaust shop where he welded all the joints and installed an O2 sensor bung for the EFI. Better to be safe than sorry in the PRC - CHP probably would've impounded and kept your car for even just the smallest romp to the exhaust shop.
You got that right Eric! This state is broke CHP would have no problem righting a 54 year old white male driving a hotrod a big Fat ticket. Whoops did I say that out loud.

Back