351 4v Intake question, can this be right?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, nice! Is the machine shop the one that starts with a "J" and ends with "s"?
Nope, the machine shop that rebuilt the engine is a different one, the machine shop you're talking about is under new ownership, I met the new owner, younger guy who's a big time Ford guy, actually races one, knows a lot about 351c's so I had him do the 4V heads I'm putting on.

The cross hatch requirements are determined by the rings you use. See specs from that manufacturer.
Got to admit I know very little about the subject, thus the reason reaching out to you guys for advice. Apparently the rings used in my rebuild required a cross hatch they didn't do, since there are signs of oil getting by the rings.

If that is the case you may need to start over with the rings. The manufacturers are very specific as to the stone grit used in the hone/polish and the depth of the grind, as well as the degree of the cross. And this will affect what oil is used in the engine...all part of the tolerances that dictate proper oil pressure and performance/ longevity.

Back