351 2v to 4v conversation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Aussie 302 heads that I have were $200 pr. A man walked into the shop, gave me his card, and said he was from Australia, just here in the States for a few months. He had shipped a truckload of heads over here with him and inquired as to if we were interested, or knew anyone who was interested, in those heads. I bought two pair, one for me and one pair for a customer. He said they're not rare at all over there, you can find them everywhere. He was delighted that so many here thought they were rare. I feel they may give me the best of both worlds for my new engine, again, we'll see how they run. I surely will be posting lots of info/photos in my "Australian Heads Project" thread.
I see them pop up on FB Marketplace for anywhere from $1k - $2K a pair. In fact, there are a couple sets listed now, one pair in MO, and the other pair in NC. Neither pair is untouched, though, with porting and screw-in stud modifications.

lol right
Well if he ever contacts with more heads. Keep me in mind.
I did read up on them and from what I remember. There are good Aussie heads and not so good. Just like the heads on the 351c on 70 and down ( were bigger valves) and 71-73 heads have the smaller valves

Back