• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted 351c 1970 4v closed chamber heads (found)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may regret doing this but out of sheer curiosity, what are you looking to spend. In caveat, if you're on EvilBay now and the person with them in your cart, I have my answer but mine are still at the shop and won't be milled. They will have new bronze guides, valves, Rockers, fulcrums, bolts and two-stage springs (capable of up to .600 lift) but no oil baffles.
These are also the late '69 (62cc) production date from the foundry and the understanding is, they have a slightly smaller closed chamber than the '70 (64cc). Having read the available info online, that's been confirmed with what's in print, so this edit is to clarify any thoughts that this is malarky.
1969 was, in the minds of many, the last great performance year for all of Detroit. That's not to say '70 didn't have its fair share of unbridled muscle, it's simply implied that the writing on the wall was becoming very clear about where things were headed.
For the 351C 4V, whether it happened in the middle of '70 or very late '70 for the '71 model year for the anticipated changes, my understanding was the combustion chamber had been enlarged ever so slightly. The heads casting numbers are posted on the site in this link.

Edit: Mentioned above, this post is out of sheer curiosity of what they might fetch. So, for now, I can't say what number I'd be willing to part with these, especially after dropping close to a grand in rebuilding them.

Last edited:
Back