• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

71 429 motor mounts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi before you go wasting money on parts you do not need.what do the frame mts in your car look like.is it a cleveland car? if the mounts are short,flat on the top,tops and have a small tab on the top that is turned up ,like a stop you do not need different frame mts. just buy rubber mounts from parts storeabout35-40$(68-71) big block.And buy block plates from mustang restoration supplier about 80$

I just put a 460 in my 71 mach that had a cleveland and DID NOT change the frame mounts.

Chris

Chris makes an EXCELLENT point, Jenny!

When trying to set up your big block, a lot of times the "regular" parts stores will be able to help. Just tell them you are getting the parts for a 1971 429CJ/SCJ Mustang...I have found that it does not pay to "confuse" them with too much information about "modifying" efforts:).

BT

Latest posts

Back