71-73 Ashtray for Full Console

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 FI
Hi All,
Another made in china part. The repo ashtray did not fit correctly from Kentucky mustang parts. I bought it from amazon and had to send it back. It did not latch like OEM part does. In the end I had to send my OEM parts out for zinc plating ( console ashtray and rear passenger ashtray). Attached is an image of issue. You can see it is shorter in height which will not allow side clips on console engage without bending them to new size. This requires taking console out again to fix this and the OEM will now not fit right after bending the side clips. I contacted west coast cougar and they posted differences. They are always helpful. Daniel Carpenter should not have put his name on this.
Steve

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/d1zz-6504788.html?sessionthemeid=26

Attachments

• Ashtray.jpg
    Ashtray.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1
WCCC is wonderful for statements of quality of the items they sell. Kudos to them!

Hi All,
Another made in china part. The repo ashtray did not fit correctly from Kentucky mustang parts. I bought it from amazon and had to send it back. It did not latch like OEM part does. In the end I had to send my OEM parts out for zinc plating ( console ashtray and rear passenger ashtray). Attached is an image of issue. You can see it is shorter in height which will not allow side clips on console engage without bending them to new size. This requires taking console out again to fix this and the OEM will now not fit right after bending the side clips. I contacted west coast cougar and they posted differences. They are always helpful. Daniel Carpenter should not have put his name on this.
Steve

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/d1zz-6504788.html?sessionthemeid=26
Don't know what you're talking about.......... it looks the same................ if you squint!
Good call to get the originals replated.

Hi all,
I had these zinc plated by Advance Metal Finishing. They re-plated my OEM ashtrays. They charged a little over $79.00 parts were shipped to them Fedex in and return. Attached are photo's. I just polish them as best as I could and they plated them. There not perfect but they look great for 50 years old. I attached photo's of rear quarter ashtray because it is so rare to find them.
Steve

Web site http://amfva.com/Contact.html
540- 344-3216
Advance Metal Finishing
523 Norfolk Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24016

Attachments

• Ashtrays 1973 Mustang.JPG
    Ashtrays 1973 Mustang.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Rear ashtray.JPG
    Rear ashtray.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Rear Ashtray side.JPG
    Rear Ashtray side.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Steve, Thank you for posting this. I was going to order one next week. I suppose my less than perfect ashtray stays. Carpenter usually does a better job than that. Chuck

Back