71 Boss 351 #35 of top 50 fastest muscle cars

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! the Boss had a serious speedometer error (indicated 70 actual 80),

I wonder if Motor Trend screwed that up considering the hard top 302 had a perfect speedometer reading. A Boss 351 is indeed impossible to downshift quickly. Thanks for the link.

Thanks for posting. #43 looks a little suspicious to me. I remember being very impressed with SD 455 Firebirds. I'm a closet Pontiac fan I suppose. Chuck

Those are the most gorgeous BOSS 351 photos I have ever seen. Just fantastic.

Being a 429-owner, I have to nit-pick: The BOSS 351 they tested had "non-stock" headers. Surely a massively improved exhaust system along with the 4-speed and the 3:91s are going to give it a big advantage over the 429s 3.50 gears, stock exhaust manifolds an C6 automatic trans. That the BOSS beat the big 429 by only about a half-second in the quarter depsite those advantages tells me that a 429 SCJ car with 3.91s and a 4-speed, alo ng with a nice header and exhaust system would surely best the BOSS.

I love the information but I feel like the info is a bit skewed. All the time I've been a classic fan.....I've never seen numbers like that. However the Boss is one of the ONLY 71-3's that made any list. Fact is FORD anything barely made any list much less a top 50.

Still love them because like anything we MAKE them what we want them to be and like mine they'll hit those numbers and much better.

Back