71 custom build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I flipped them for you and put them back into your posts.

My guess is that you took the pics with your phone, right?

If you hold your phone upside down when taking them (and there is no way to know what side of a phone goes up or down anyway) the phone will remember what way the pic was taken and show it accordingly. That means that on the phone your pics always show the right way around but the info on the pic is still "upside down", so when you load them onto your computer they will be rotated the wrong way. (This explanations sounds amateurish but that's all I know about computers and phones anyway :) )

What you can do is post the pic and if it shows upside down, rotate it with some program like Paint, Photoshop, Gimp or whatever and save it gain. Then edit your post (bottom right) use "full edit", remove the pic from the post and add the "new" rotated one.

That's what I do with yours, I use Paint as it's fast and easy.

Sorry, I screwed up with one of your posts.

When I tried to rotate the pics, one got lost in the process. It's pretty hard to figure out which is which when you delete them before you replace them, so I deleted the one with relocating the crash bar.

Sorry,

I ain't gonna mess with your posts again for that reason. If there is only one pic in the post, it's easy but as soon as there are multiple pics it's very easy to mess up.

Sorry again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I flipped them for you and put them back into your posts.

My guess is that you took the pics with your phone, right?

If you hold your phone upside down when taking them (and there is no way to know what side of a phone goes up or down anyway) the phone will remember what way the pic was taken and show it accordingly. That means that on the phone your pics always show the right way around but the info on the pic is still "upside down", so when you load them onto your computer they will be rotated the wrong way. (This explanations sounds amateurish but that's all I know about computers and phones anyway :) )

What you can do is post the pic and if it shows upside down, rotate it with some program like Paint, Photoshop, Gimp or whatever and save it gain. Then edit your post (bottom right) use "full edit", remove the pic from the post and add the "new" rotated one.

That's what I do with yours, I use Paint as it's fast and easy.

Sorry, I screwed up with one of your posts.

When I tried to rotate the pics, one got lost in the process. It's pretty hard to figure out which is which when you delete them before you replace them, so I deleted the one with relocating the crash bar.

Sorry,

I ain't gonna mess with your posts again for that reason. If there is only one pic in the post, it's easy but as soon as there are multiple pics it's very easy to mess up.

Sorry again.
Hey, that's not a problem, thanks o much or helping by flipping them I appreciate it much!!! Please feel free to flip them any time until my dumb but ges it right LOL thanks !!

View attachment 33623

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpgA little more work on laying out the rear deck. Corner panels in and working out trunk hatch.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Interesting concept. I rotated the 3 pics that were upside down. Looking fwd to more pics.

Still looking pretty Badass in my opinion! I really like how you have lowered the car without chopping the roof, makes it look wider, especially from the rear! Keep it up man.

image.jpg

How much did you section the car by?
Hey, I cut the car right down the middle. Took 4" out of the mid section. Cut around the wheel wells and moved em up. Imlayed out the rear deck, and took 8 1/2 " off the front fenders and hood.

image.jpg

Hey, I cut the car right down the middle. Took 4" out of the mid section. Cut around the wheel wells and moved em up. Imlayed out the rear deck, and took 8 1/2 " off the front fenders and hood.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow. This is an interesting build to follow. That Pantera like rear section is killer! I thought I heard somewhere that the Pantera and 71 Mustang had some kind of connection. Not sure if it was the person who designed them or some other influence but what your doing could have very easily been a direction for a production car back in the day. I would really like to walk around your car when it's all done. I'm sure I could spend hours admiring it from near and far. It would be really something to put our two versions side by side since I actually added a few inches to the back of mine. Are you going with a stock ride height and rim size or is that also getting modified?

Wow. This is an interesting build to follow. That Pantera like rear section is killer! I thought I heard somewhere that the Pantera and 71 Mustang had some kind of connection. Not sure if it was the person who designed them or some other influence but what your doing could have very easily been a direction for a production car back in the day. I would really like to walk around your car when it's all done. I'm sure I could spend hours admiring it from near and far. It would be really something to put our two versions side by side since I actually added a few inches to the back of mine. Are you going with a stock ride height and rim size or is that also getting modified?
Hi, I am planning to use an original set of campanola wheels that I,pulled of a 71 pantera I owned in the 80s. I've kept them all these years with a distant plan to do this current build. So 15x7 front, 15x8 rear with low pro tires prob not pirellis but a similar option. I have lowered the rear suspension 4" and the front 5" I cut the mid section of the front suspension 4" including shock towers. As a result Im fitting 2500 air bags back in there. The total top roof height will be about 42" about an inch & 1/2 lower than a stock pantera was . Thanks or your interest in my project, I've been viewing yours also and am quite impressed with your undertaking. I know ,that you know , what goes into a project like ours so its easy for us to Relate. A compliment is a great fuel to continue .thank and let's keep in touch. Ill be building a trunk lid and framing in a rear window during the week and will post pics. I'm planning a 65 p/u rear window installed upside down .

You are a true "hot rodder". I'm blown away with 42" ! I'm proud of 48" with a 29" tall rear tire. I can't imagine half a foot lower. Wow.

You are a true "hot rodder". I'm blown away with 42" ! I'm proud of 48" with a 29" tall rear tire. I can't imagine half a foot lower. Wow.
Thanks ! It does look cool and I do have plenty headroom once inside, but its a little tough for and older guy like me getting in and out lol. It's way worth it though. I wanted it at 43 but I also didn't want to raise it when I ended up there. With air bags I can bump it up to get in and out and drop it while driving. 42" is at ride height ,with 4 1/2 " ground clearance under front crossmember. Will need the air bags to get over some parking lot speed bumps.

Pantera is 43.4" high, a C5 vette is 47.8" high, lotus uropa is 42", the current lowest US production car is ford GT 40 named so because it is 40" high. My 71 mustang sits at 42"

Now you need to go to an independent rear suspension- I bought a Lincoln LS unit for a 100 bucks and it looks like putting it under a 71-73 mustang would be doable for me-for you it would probably just jump into place all by itself.
I did consider even mid engine. I considered independent too. Also considered a 4 link. I'm pretty sure at this point Im wanting to learn from this one and follow up with a rag. I haven't ruled out independent though. As a matter of fact was talking to a buddy today about it. I have 5 jag setups in storage so that's what I would prob use cuz I'm used to them. Done a few over the years. On this build in particular I was wanting to put more energy into body mods but you know sometimes it goes on and on. Lol I have quite a Bit of body fab yet to do . Once that's complete I may decide to do the rear suspension over. I love 9" fords with Detroit lockers and 4.10s use a lot of them. I tend to be stuck more on body fab than trick suspension , but hey it's. good thought . Thanks for the input. It just might be the way I go. If I do get to do a rag top, ill chop the top 2 inches and bring that sucker down to 40" and it would be wild with the top down.

Back