71 Finally Painted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks for the video... should give Cobra some motivation (it did me!)... how did the show turn out?
It did OK for it's first show, especially with the interior unfinished and the trunk closed. It won best in class, but I think it was the only one in it's class. That show has 350 classes! It also won a "best pick in show" award from one of the sponsors. I was happy just to make it to the show in time. We made it Wednesday night with an hour to spare.

It is going back to the interior shop next week for the finish work. We are taking it to the New Orleans Autorama in January and the Dallas Autorama in February. After that, it will be driven to local shows for a while.

Thank you all for the compliments.

Last edited by a moderator:
THATS A BAD CAR LOOK GREAT MAN I GIVE YOU 2 THUMBS UP

I had to get caught up on progress...glad I did! What a fantastic job! I love it! :cool:

I believe this car needs traction control. Words cannot describe how fun it is to drive! Kirk would have loved this Mustang.

I believe this car needs traction control. Words cannot describe how fun it is to drive! Kirk would have loved this Mustang.

Well... to quote Commander Cody (look it up youngsters) "There's a whole lotta things I've never done, I ain't never had too much fun"

I can imagine this is real close. Kirk would have had fun with it.

Beautiful work, you have done an excellent job on the car

Wow, beautiful car. Absolutely love the paintjob, and man what a pretty interior. Perfect mix of modernization and originality in my opinion.

Mitch i would say bring that up to Tomball Saturday for the car show ...but you'd put me to shame.:D

No worries, I'll be working this Saturday, and at the San Antoinio Autorama the next.

It has been a while, so here are the updates.

The car drives very well. I got rid of the transponder keyless start and went back to a keyed ignition. The twin carbs are going away in favor of EFI. 8mpg on a good day. I am making a splined sway bar for the front. the original just doesnt have the correct geometry for the lowered ride height. The AC system is getting updated to servo motors instead of cables. The interior is getting LED lighting in the console, rear storage compartments, interior and exterior door handles, and trunk. I am also working on a carbon fiber front air dam.

Back