71 Mach 1 T5 swap

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernard0431

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
My retirement project. All upgraded components have been sourced from junkyards.
Has anyone here completed a T5 Swap. I am having issues with my Modern Driveline clutch cable adjustment. Cannot shift from neutral to 1st even with the pedal all the way to the floor while the car is running. Any insight is appreciated.

1971 Mach 1

302w 2v

B/W NWC T5 w/ bellhousing

Has anyone here completed a T5 Swap. I am having issues with my Modern Driveline clutch cable adjustment. Cannot shift from neutral to 1st even with the pedal all the way to the floor while the car is running. Any insight is appreciated.

1971 Mach 1

302w 2v

B/W NWC T5 w/ bellhousing
Did you try putting it in reverse then into 1st?? if that works then your synchros may be worn.

sounds like your not getting enough adjustment out of it. also make sure your cable case is secure and not moving when you push the clutch in. If it is your losing cable pull from it. i would adjust the cable up some more. keep adjusting untill it will go in gear. Is it trying to grind going in or you cant move it at all?

Something in your set up is not moving enough to pull the throw out bearing far enough to let the clutch plate release completely when there is centrifugal force trying to keep them together.

My mechanical linkage did that once when the push rod drove itself through the clutch fork

sounds like your not getting enough adjustment out of it. also make sure your cable case is secure and not moving when you push the clutch in. If it is your losing cable pull from it. i would adjust the cable up some more. keep adjusting untill it will go in gear. Is it trying to grind going in or you cant move it at all?

Thanks Nancy. This did the trick. It's my first time with this type of set-up.

Latest posts

Back