71 Shelby conversion $132K HEEEEE!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be a bit of an A-hole for doing this, but I reported this ebay item to ebay as a misrepresentation of actual vehicle being sold. Hopefully they will have it taken off. No one should be subject to this kind of BS, and it is an abomination to those of us out there that actually love our 71-73 Mustangs enough to sale them as what they are and not try to make them something else. That car is a piece of crap and I wouldnt pay $35 for it. Just sayin.

The conversion has about the same value as any other hop-up job done in someone's driveway, only a home-spun job would probably look better. Get a look at that center console.

08.jpg

-Kurt
Good Lord, that thing looks like a soup sandwich.
Ya beat me to it. Move the decimal point to the left 1 digit, and it MIGHT be worth it for all the performance goodies alone. Otherwise, no thanks.

This is the same kind of stuff I was talking about in another thread where the nay-sayers (me being one of them) were billed as haters.

Nah, you all have it wrong this is a super rare Shelby Mustang ......made by Ned Shelby who is Carrol's uncles, mothers, brothers third cousin twice removed.

He also did the AMC Pacer Superbird and the Yenko Chevrolet Chevette. rofl

Nah, you all have it wrong this is a super rare Shelby Mustang ......made by Ned Shelby who is Carrol's uncles, mothers, brothers third cousin twice removed.

He also did the AMC Pacer Superbird and the Yenko Chevrolet Chevette. rofl
Hey, that was one sweet Vette.

Ya beat me to it. Move the decimal point to the left 1 digit, and it MIGHT be worth it for all the performance goodies alone. Otherwise, no thanks.

This is the same kind of stuff I was talking about in another thread where the nay-sayers (me being one of them) were billed as haters.
There's room for everyone and their tastes, but damn...that POS is highway robbery. The outside doesn't look horrible to me, kind of funny car-ish, but the interior was butchered. And $132k? This has to be a joke fellas. Maybe it's a social experiment.

What a obvious piece 'o crap! Not worth $35. Looks at the crap workmanship (or serious lack thereof) in the interior. Just an utter pile o' crap.

what the hell is a royal shelby?????????

I mean bad enough the car looks thrown together but he's just gonna throw mustang related words together to make up a name like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Europa71.jpg

They did make a 1971-1972 Shelby in Europe. Here is the link http://www.ponysite.de/sheleur.htm
The Shelby Europa's at least had some credibility but they were still not too different from a standard Mustang except for the cool stripes and the bolt on stuff. Since they only made a handful of them they probably sell for double what a similar 71-73 would sell for in Europe which could push the price on them into the six figure range. I have never seen the price of one that sold so it's anyone's guess how much they are worth.

Is it me or is the wing a little big.:huh:
I think it serves two purposes. More down force on the rear at NASCAR speeds. Then you hang your laundry to dry.

A GT-500 with a small block? Wouldn't that be a GT-350? Or in this case a GT-351?

I'm not sure I'd call it a scam as much as a case of a poor choice of licensing (in a court of law, this car would qualify as a legally licensed Shelby conversion - despite failing to be authentic, vintage, or well executed), coupled with a seller that has his/her head in the clouds.

Granted, it was found that this engine is not a Roush job as per the Shelby Forums discussion. If nothing else, THIS is where the scam begins. I believe the documentation shows some VIN discrepancies as well, but I cannot expand the photos at the Shelby site without becoming a member - and I keep getting a database error when attempting to create an account.

-Kurt

I think the fact he basically just throws mustangs related names/words together to make a name makes it pretty clear it's a scam

I think the fact he basically just throws mustangs related names/words together to make a name makes it pretty clear it's a scam
The seller may be less than scrupulous in his description, but the car itself is what it is (like it or not).

-Kurt

Back