71 Staggered shocks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 MUSTANG MACH 1
426 HP 351W/AOD
I don't have staggered shocks and was thinking of converting. Changing the plates on the diff seems simple enough but where and how does the rear shock attach to the body? And while I'm at it is it the same shock or is it shorter?

I don't have staggered shocks and was thinking of converting. Changing the plates on the diff seems simple enough but where and how does the rear shock attach to the body? And while I'm at it is it the same shock or is it shorter?
Hi,

shocks are the same, you have to add an upper shock mount (see pictures below). If you don't have it you most probably need to find a donor car in a junkyard.

- Manfred

HPIM1490.jpg

HPIM1494.jpg

_DSC4489.jpg

_DSC4490.jpg

That shock mount can easily be fabricated if you can't find a used one..If you do find one I think it's going to cost you a pretty penny

Back