72 Mach 1 wiring help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ylwhrse

Reaction score
My Car
I have a 1972 Q code 4 spd car. Did all paint and body myself. Completely rebuilt the rearend, trans, engine, front suspension myself. Car is a work in progress and I race it in old school arm drop races on airport runways.
[url=https://ibb.co/Hz4n8ZC][img]https://i.ibb.co/xjLJTZY/20150815-120709.jpg[/img][/url]
Hello Ive been struggling with wiring issues in the engine compartment on my 72 mach 1. I woukd like to redo it. Does anyone have a correct schematic /diagram ? As well as where ignition is tied in and how ?

Hello Ive been struggling with wiring issues in the engine compartment on my 72 mach 1. I woukd like to redo it. Does anyone have a correct schematic /diagram ? As well as where ignition is tied in and how ?
Go to the top of the page and click on the 7173Wiki. Scroll down a little and you will find the schematics for our cars. Also, welcome from Ohio. As it looks like you're a new member here, please post some pics of your car and give us a little bit of background info on it.

Last edited:
I found on Amazon a very good wiring and vacuum diagram download to Kindle, "1973 colorized Mustangs Wiring Diagrams Kindle Interactive Edition" $12.95. The only diagram I have found that shows the correct vacuum for a 73 under the hood and AC-Heater.

I like the colorized 73 Mustang schenatics from forel Publishing. There are a few very minor errors I have annotated, and I added some other info I felt was helpful for my needs. Below is their web site. They have PDF files for quite a few First Generation Mustangs/Cougars.

https://www.forelpublishing.com/clickbank/index.html

If you need engine vacuum hose schematics they do a great job of covering that beginning in their 1973 Shop Manual, Volume VI. The only vacuum calibrations they left out are from 1973 351C 4v carburetor engines. I have the calibrations for those 2 missing schematics, attached to this post.

For Mustangs and Cougars 1967 - 1972, Mustang Barn pulled together a really solid group of calibrations. With the knowledge and permission I assembled all of their calibrations into a single PDF file grouped by year, and sorted engine size. Fee; free to shar the PDF file as you see fit.

Attachments

• 1973Mustang_351-4v-AutoTrans_EngineVacuumCalibration-Annotated_20220329.pdf
    398.8 KB · Views: 1
  • _1967-1972_Mustang_EmissionControlVacuumSchematics_ConsolidatedGroupedAndSortedByYear__20211003.pdf
    15.3 MB · Views: 1
I found on Amazon a very good wiring and vacuum diagram download to Kindle, "1973 colorized Mustangs Wiring Diagrams Kindle Interactive Edition" $12.95. The only diagram I have found that shows the correct vacuum for a 73 under the hood and AC-Heater.
Here is a link for vacuum calibrations for Mustang/Cougar from 1967 - 1972, attached

Attachments

• _1967-1972_Mustang_EmissionControlVacuumSchematics_ConsolidatedGroupedAndSortedByYear__20211003.pdf
    15.3 MB · Views: 1
Back