• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

72 Sprint Coupe on CL $1000

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I ask a question here? Wasn't the CJ engine discontinued the previous year or two, with the Q code for 72 being a 351-4v and the R code being the 351-4v H.O.?

I'm still a noob when it comes to all these codes ... :(

A very limited number of Q codes were built in the late 1971 model year. All 72-73 Mustangs with 351C-4V (other than the 72 Mustang HO R code) were Q codes. The 71 Boss 351 was code R. Chuck

Called Jeryy. Nice fellow! may expand my garage with this one.
Wow. That's great news! I thought about it but I have just the right number of stangs right now. But you my friend, go for it!

If you get it do I get a finder's fee? Just kidding Boss1Ray gets finder's fee. LOL Pics of the car will be all I need posted as soon as you buy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
After to speaking to Gerry last night he E-mailed me this morning and said that I knew so much about these years cars he wanted it to go to someone who would do it up right. Going up next week but apparently looks like I just bought me a 72 SPRINT!

After to speaking to Gerry last night he E-mailed me this morning and said that I knew so much about these years cars he wanted it to go to someone who would do it up right. Going up next week but apparently looks like I just bought me a 72 SPRINT!
Congrats! I've been waiting on this announcement. Lol

I'm jealous...you have a Q-code sprint!! Wow!

I just checked the registry & saw 15 Q sprint coupes. I am soooo jealous!

Yahoo! Congratulations. Can't wait for pics and more story.

By Engine and Body

Body Style L 250-1v F 302 2v H 351 2v Q 351 4v Total

Coupe 365 4306 1486 90 6247

Sportsroof 49 1268 1471 298 3086

Convertible 0 50 0 0 50

Total 414 5624 2957 388 9383

Looks like 90 Q code Sprints. Nice find!

Nice! Can't wait to see it being worked on!

Just got the standard Marti. Needless to say Deluxe was just ordered! Woo Woo! dancebanana ::chili:: ::chili:: dancebanana
Goodyear tires ordered. That's different.

Mark, I know you are excited about this car. I am too. I very much wanted to buy it even though I'm a Mach 1 guy. I really like the Sprints.

Back