I bought another Mustang 1965 C code coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I was looking around one of the market place ads that come to my computer on Facebook and a local guy had a 1965 Mustang coupe, 289 2-V, automatic, pony interior, radio, wood grain wheel, gauges, heater for sale for $1,000. Since it was local I went to look. When I was building the garage I had several old cars in the field that I either crushed, sold a member one and had a 1966 Falcon Ranchero that was so rusty it broke while getting on the trailer. He was going to use the 289 and 5 bolt spindles and rear to convert a 6 cylinder mustang. So I figure someone might want this one for same reason.

I did not pay $1,000 for sure, lol. 

The engine would turn over by hand. The floors are much better than most only one hole on drivers side front. Door tag missing due to door being replaced has a state issued tag in place that does match title and also inner fender VIN# matches. You can get repo door tags.

It is missing windshield, rear glass and trim for them There is not a rust hole in the trunk and wheel houses are solid. Would need quarters, hood fender could be repaired but easy to get repo for them also. Was Caspian blue color with white pony interior. 

I believe it had a vinyl top due to it being skim coated with bondo. 

So I will either sell as a whole car or sell for someone to convert a 6 cyl. to a V-8. I have an A code also I would sell the same way it was a 3 speed. It is total rust bucket and no way would ever fix it. 

The pics are from his ad can get more pics when I pick up the car on Saturday. I have the title also. 

I have all the parts to rebuild but I do not need another project for sure. Just trying to save from the crusher. 

There is one pic of what the color should be and vinyl roof also.

I would pay 10's of dollars for this!
Last one I sold to guy converting a T code I-6 to V-8 broke half into when he loaded on trailer. It was a 66 Falcon but same chassis. He was happy to get for $1,000, drove 300 miles to get it. Just like on our cars to convert to PDB easier to find a whole car to get the parts. Engine, trans, rear, brakes all 5 lug parts. It is actually way less rusty with only one small hole in floors not in wheel house and trunk solid. If someone does want to fix him tearing it down saved couple days of work. 

BTW anyone needing an interior. I was curious of what they would cost. I was on CJ pony and for complete interior package. Pony Interior, headliner, carpet, dash pad, kick pads, door panels rear panels, screw kits, new seat padding, hog rings. carpet pad. Everything to do the whole interior was $1,800 for TMI they are having black friday sale 25% off and might have been free shipping.

Back