73 302 alternator

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase.Heuer

Reaction score
My Car
I have a 2004 daily driver v6 and am now the proud owner of a 1973 coupe
please help i have ordered 3 different brackets for my alternator and none of them fit. i have tried

10156-1b.jpg

$_57.JPG

JM9111P-2T.jpg

please i am in need of some help here.

this is what i have right now

2b1c12.jpg

this is the chrome bracket on but the belts did not line up

2rwt6dg.jpg

::help::

Can't see it in the pic but the 302's have a cast aluminum adapter on the head.

I have one if you need it

Don

i have the adaptor

23r3e5x.jpg

and this is the assortment of brackets i have

2q9g9hf.jpg

the top one i dont know what it goes with

the second one puts the bolt all the way to the last bolt on the cast adaptor and bolts through to the block

the thied does not reach any of the holes on the adaptor.

i am running stock AC and P/S:chin:

i have the adaptor

23r3e5x.jpg

and this is the assortment of brackets i have

2q9g9hf.jpg

the top one i dont know what it goes with

the second one puts the bolt all the way to the last bolt on the cast adaptor and bolts through to the block

the thied does not reach any of the holes on the adaptor.

i am running stock AC and P/S:chin:
The second one is a close after market version and should fit

First one - no clue

third one is for the A/C With PS

# 4 might be close for the lower arm - doesn't look long enough though.

# five not 71-3 Mustang

If the belts are still not lining up, let's measure your spacer behind the alternator and bolt length. The front bracket merely hold the front firm. The belt alignment is dictated by what's behind the alternator. Also are the other pulleys and brackets factory for

I will look in my bin of parts at home. I think I may still have the 302 hardware and brackets from my original motor. If I do, you can have it all.

I could put washers behind the spacer for the second one to work I guess but the issue with that is the belt length may not be long enough for the alternator. That's not to bad tho because belts are cheap. And as far as I have been told the brackets and pulleys are all original. And if you do have the bracket turtle I would gladly buy it if I can't get this to work:thankyouyellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
I could put washers behind the spacer for the second one to work I guess but the issue with that is the belt length may not be long enough for the alternator. That's not to bad tho because belts are cheap. And as far as I have been told the brackets and pulleys are all original. And if you do have the bracket turtle I would gladly buy it if I can't get this to work:thankyouyellow:
I will try to look tonight, if I can find it you can have it!

so new issue with the alternator... i wire it up and by morning the battery is dead..

makzo4.jpg

Back