73 351CJ 4V manual - carburetor crack

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a D3ZF-MA baseplate (auto) if that would work.  Chuck
Thanks for the offer!  It just might. I'm don't know a whole lot (novice mechanic) so do you know if the base plate would be interchangeable with the D3ZF-LA (manual)? I was looking at the MA online and it looks like it would.  Let me do some research and get back to you.  Or if anyone on the forum knows please feel free to tell me.

I make no claim to be a 4300D expert. The only difference I see is th auto carb has a kick down lever on the primary throttle shaft. Chuck

I make no claim to be a 4300D expert. The only difference I see is th auto carb has a kick down lever on the primary throttle shaft. Chuck
Thanks, Chuck.  I'll do some more checking.  If it works, how much do you want for it and guestimate on shipping?  I'm zip 76248 (TX). Or send me box & weight dimensions and I can calculate.

I still have another storage area to search, but I think I have one with some damage up top, but a good baseplate.  will let you know tomorrow evening
Any luck finding the carb?  Sorry if I seem impatient, just eager to get my car back up and running.  :D

Thanks, Chuck.  I'll do some more checking.  If it works, how much do you want for it and guestimate on shipping?  I'm zip 76248 (TX). Or send me box & weight dimensions and I can calculate.
$100.00, USPS Medium flat rate box is $14.35 plus insurance for $100.00 from 73064.

I still have another storage area to search, but I think I have one with some damage up top, but a good baseplate.  will let you know tomorrow evening
Any luck finding the carb?  Sorry if I seem impatient, just eager to get my car back up and running.  :D
No problem, I have looked everywhere without success.  I am afraid it may have gone with an engine block and some other stuff I sold a year and a half ago.

BTW-the auto base plate should work fine.

No problem, I have looked everywhere without success.  I am afraid it may have gone with an engine block and some other stuff I sold a year and a half ago.

BTW-the auto base plate should work fine.
I appreciate the effort!! Thanks again.

Sorry I didn't find it :(

Truthfully, the Autolite 4100 carb was a damn fine unit, but the 4300 in becoming emissions compliant was never a worthy successor. If it were me, I would repair the original and get it calibrated and running, then pull it and store it, then put the adapter on it and slap a Holley 700 Double pumper on it and enjoy. You can change it back if you want to show it with about 20 minutes effort and an occasional gasket

Thanks to all for the great suggestions and offers of parts for my carb situation!  I got incredibly lucky with a local craigslist find for the complete carb (needs a rebuild) at a reasonable price.  Turns out it this may be a good connection for additional parts too fi I need them.   :D  Hope to have the car running by the weekend!

Back