73 deluxe interior seat buttons

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrisrf

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Conv Q code
I just made a visit to Virginia Classic Mustang in Broadway va. The owner just showed me that he has reproduction seat buttons for the deluxe seats.

this is a great new part that is needed.

That is great. Thanks for the info. Now, if someone will make the comfortweave fabric, I'll be good to go.

comfort weave is never going to happen :( the very last comfort weave machine died in the Tsunami in Indonesia a few years ago.

the buttons are great i had to figure out how to remove them from a junk set of seats and install them on my reproductions.

comfort weave is never going to happen :( the very last comfort weave machine died in the Tsunami in Indonesia a few years ago.

the buttons are great i had to figure out how to remove them from a junk set of seats and install them on my reproductions.
That´s a pítty Danny... But it started a wondering in me because i have no clue about the difference between the different textures of the upholstery... Maybe we can do some thread on that, what do you think?

well all the reproduction fabric for our cars is just stamped vinyl. they just melt the surface on a die pattern to make it look like comfort weave.

comfort weave was actually strands of Vinyl that was weaved together into a fabric like material.

because it is weaved it is breathable and it is softer and you don't get your skin sticking to it on a hot day.

the bad part about comfort weave is because it is porous and breathable it gets very dirty easily starts to smell bad after a few years and the foam underneath along with the springs of the seat rot out.

when you sit on comfort weave it is very nice compared to just vinyl, but the manufacture of it is difficult and was expensive.

after the 70s it fell out of fashion for leather or newer softer types of plastics.

you can still get comfort weave its very expensive and some colors no longer exist. a lot of people buy reproduction seats then buy comfort weave and have a it stitched into the reproduction seats.

Great find on the seat buttons and good info on the comfort weave. I still have my original black comfort weave seats, but some of the seams are ripping on the drivers seat.

you can have the seams redone at least once on comfort weave. there is comfort weave available in different patterns then the 71-73 cars had. 71, 72-73 had variations in the comfort weave material the 71 version was very different from 72,73 but even 72 to 73 had a change in pattern. the most sought after is clean 71 comfort weave seats for concourse correct cars.

those unique 71 seats could have grass growing out of the comfort weave material and somebody would want it to see if the center material could be removed and put into new upholstery.

Any photos of what the seat lock hardware should look like installed? I think I'm missing some pieces.

Back