73 Mach 1LED light upgrade

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm updating my dash and guages with LED's this weekend. I bought the fluorescent paint for the gauge needles, but I'm starting to second guess painting
those. Has anybody done this and does the paint make enough difference that I would want to paint those? I'm afraid I may damage something hard to replace.

Can't help on painting needles, but if they look shabby, why not.
There has been lots of posts on LED upgrades in "Search"'
If you car has idiot lights, the ALT bulb MUST remain an incandescent bulb.
Personally, I only buy my LEDs from Bill at HiPoParts Garage www.hipoparts.com
You might pay a little extra, but the results speak for themselves. On my car, I have their Elite Series II which are bright and dimmable.
If you don't have a tachometer so either an idiot light cluster or clock, you can get a tach conversion from Rocketman's Classic Cougar Innovations. He is listed at the bottom of the Forum tab. I did this and love it.

Attachments

• IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Can't help on painting needles, but if they look shabby, why not.
There has been lots of posts on LED upgrades in "Search"'
If you car has idiot lights, the ALT bulb MUST remain an incandescent bulb.
Personally, I only buy my LEDs from Bill at HiPoParts Garage www.hipoparts.com
You might pay a little extra, but the results speak for themselves. On my car, I have their Elite Series II which are bright and dimmable.
If you don't have a tachometer so either an idiot light cluster or clock, you can get a tach conversion from Rocketman's Classic Cougar Innovations. He is listed at the bottom of the Forum tab. I did this and love it.
My needles are in great shape. I didn't see any mention of painting the needles in the other threads. I don't have the idiot lights and to have a tach. I did buy my LED's from Hipo Parts due the the recommendations in the forum. I think I will just put the LED's in and see what happens.
Thanks for replying.

I'm updating my dash and guages with LED's this weekend. I bought the fluorescent paint for the gauge needles, but I'm starting to second guess painting
those. Has anybody done this and does the paint make enough difference that I would want to paint those? I'm afraid I may damage something hard to replace.
Check out this video. Gregg paints the needles on his gauges.

Back