80-86 Ford truck radio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 460 crites headers,summit cam ,edelbrock dual plane hi-rise intake,edelbrock 780 carb,C-6 trans,Pertronix flamethrower 2 billet distributor & coil
Hey Guys,

My car has no radio at all. I"m getting tired of looking at the holes where the radio is supposed to be.The 80"s pick-ups are all over the junkyards around here & the radios look very similar,has anyone actually tried to see if one of these would fit? :huh:

I guess you mean this kind? There's only one way to find out I guess. Take a tape measure with you and measure the the spacing of the knobs, and the opening needed for the face. But I guess if its close enough you could always trim your bezel a little bit. I'm sure a lot of guys wouldn't mind a ford dual knob radio with FM and cassette for a good price.

1225.jpg

I have a late 70s AM-FM in the car- I had to pop the plate at the top out from the AM one- like it would have been with an AM?FM 8 track. It looks fine and you can swap knobs around to make it look less obvious. My radio however stpped working on AM so I am after a new one.

Yeah ,that style but without the cassette.I have a mechanic in town,with an 84 f-250 in the boneyard,he told me I could have it ,if I wanted to go tear it out.I saw 1 on e-bay,the guy had some sort of parts list that said it fit ford car & truck 71-84.Free is good so I guess I"ll go check it out. :)

Ya keep us posted if it seems to work out I'll probably go junkyard shopping, I was thinking of getting a retro sound one but all I'm really after is AM FM

Back