A BIG THANK YOU TO MY WIFE !!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
I just wanted to say thank you to my wonderful wife Annette..(she checks the forum here every so often) who since june has put up with my late night's.. day's & pretty much every free minute of my time away from home at the shop.. With out her understanding & support my mustang project would be KAPUT :( She's also the one who talked me out of selling it back in 2002...) Sitting there looking at that enginge bay in primer today has me sitting on clould 9..There's still plently to do but it's a major acomplishment that I could not have done with out my family's support !

100_2024.JPG100_2025.JPG100_2026.JPG100_2027.JPG100_2028.JPG100_2029.JPG100_2030.JPG100_2031.JPG

Wow! That looks awesome! I know the feeling, I can't wait until I get to that stage!

That primer looks awesome! It's amazing how much the support of a wife or good friend can mean to accomplishing a goal.

That is SO awesome! Extend my thanks as well because now I have awesome reference pictures to work from. :p

No, really... that front end is incredible.

Q,

Beautiful work, as always - thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hijack this thread with a technical question, but I noticed that I appears you masked off the upper cowl openings so as not to prime the lower cowl area.

I know you had previously applied rust bullet before you put it back together. I'm wondering whether I'm seeing that correctly and if so, why? Just not necessary, or something else?

Thanks.

Mark

Q,

Beautiful work, as always - thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hijack this thread with a technical question, but I noticed that I appears you masked off the upper cowl openings so as not to prime the lower cowl area.

I know you had previously applied rust bullet before you put it back together. I'm wondering whether I'm seeing that correctly and if so, why? Just not necessary, or something else?

Thanks.

Mark
Thanks Mark...You are seeing that correctly..I'm not sure what finish I'm doing yet in the enginge compartment but that area is going to have rust bullet "Black Shell" http://www.rustbullet.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=125 which goes on top of the rust bullet..So putting epoxy primer there isn't required or recommended.

Scott

funny bout those wives.... my wife never drives either car. she LOVES the convertible... odd she RARELY goes with me for a ride :( Now that I have the Mach I.... I've had a couple of opportunities to sell the 71 and buy a 69 or 70..... she THROWS a fit!!! I laugh cuz it's ODD! Weird support but it IS support!!!!

funny bout those wives.... my wife never drives either car. she LOVES the convertible... odd she RARELY goes with me for a ride :( Now that I have the Mach I.... I've had a couple of opportunities to sell the 71 and buy a 69 or 70..... she THROWS a fit!!! I laugh cuz it's ODD! Weird support but it IS support!!!!
I understand what you mean by "weird" support, Dana. I think once the motor is put back together and the new parts invoices stop coming in, the wife will be less "weird" and more understanding. :)

Doc

I'm so mad at my wife rite now. She took on a quick repaint of the master bath one thing let to another now I'm doing a full resto of the master bath. Mach 1 is on back burner for few weeks.:mad:

Hey Mike. I am right there with you, dude. Right after I bought the 'vert, with all the possibilities and problems associated with her, my wife decided that it was time to figure out what was causing the stain in the living room ceiling. Talk about bad timing!!! The leak led to our fireplace chimney, which required replacement of a significant portion of the ceiling drywall and a time-consuming repair of the flashing on the roof. Being a cheapskate, I refuse to pay a bunch of money for someone else to do what I am able to do, so I spent a month doing the ceiling/roof repairs, just as I was poised to tackle my first automotive project. I definitely feel your pain! But sometimes it's worth it to keep the wife on your side, so you can say, "Remember when I rebuilt the bathroom just as I was wanting to rebuild the engine in the Mustang? So now it's only fair that I get to do this ... (whatever)."

Best of luck!

Doc

Hey Mike. I am right there with you, dude. Right after I bought the 'vert, with all the possibilities and problems associated with her, my wife decided that it was time to figure out what was causing the stain in the living room ceiling. Talk about bad timing!!! The leak led to our fireplace chimney, which required replacement of a significant portion of the ceiling drywall and a time-consuming repair of the flashing on the roof. Being a cheapskate, I refuse to pay a bunch of money for someone else to do what I am able to do, so I spent a month doing the ceiling/roof repairs, just as I was poised to tackle my first automotive project. I definitely feel your pain! But sometimes it's worth it to keep the wife on your side, so you can say, "Remember when I rebuilt the bathroom just as I was wanting to rebuild the engine in the Mustang? So now it's only fair that I get to do this ... (whatever)."

Best of luck!

Doc
So true Doc so true. Dam my little bath project is nothing compared to yours.

Latest posts

Back