Alternative clock movement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,

As you know, I received my clock last Saturday and gave it a quick test by hooking it up to my battery. I won't get to installing it for several weeks as I currently have the whole dash pulled apart. It will probably be a month or so before I can provide feedback for you.

Jim

Since I don't know all of you by real name, please PM, post or email me when you place an order so I can give you your 7173 discount.
Hi Bob, I know I'm late to the party here but is there any chance the 7173 discount is still a thing on these clocks?

If it helps I am a repeat customer on your mini-tachs.

Bob:

Can't be more pleased.  Got my clock back today, installed, set time, It's is running great.  The price is reasonable.  I recommend that anyone who is having clock issues uses you.  Thanks for the great work!  

Thanks,

Jimmy t.

Bob. I converted my clock couple years ago to Quartz at Instruments Services. I have sent it back twice afterwards due to it losing its time. The seconds handle turns but the hours/minutes gets stuck. It happened yet again so I am getting tired of this issue. I am considering giving up on them. Could you convert an already Quartz converted clock to your system?

Can't be more pleased.  Got my clock back today, installed, set time, It's is running great.  The price is reasonable.  I recommend that anyone who is having clock issues uses you.  Thanks for the great work!  
+1.  Mine's still keeping excellent time 6 months after installing it and no more flat batteries!

Bob. I converted my clock couple years ago to Quartz at Instruments Services. I have sent it back twice afterwards due to it losing its time. The seconds handle turns but the hours/minutes gets stuck. It happened yet again so I am getting tired of this issue. I am considering giving up on them. Could you convert an already Quartz converted clock to your system?
Sure, that's no problem.

Bob,

My car did not come with the convenience option. I have recently obtained an original under the hood light specific to the 71-73 Mustangs. How do I properly tap into my electrical system to make this happen.

Thanks!
Mac

Bob,
Missed that old thread somehow. Very interesting. Do you have any pict of this conversion?
What do we talk about here? A mechanism ( clock + frame/casing that bolts in place of the old one + 2 hands (H & M) + center cover) that replace the old one? The wire tail fits the original harness?
Also I read it doesn't have the gears support to reset. How do you then set to the right time?

Attachments

• M7123DC.png
    M7123DC.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 21
  • M7123DC_set_time.pdf
    43.2 KB · Views: 16
  • M7123DC_setting.mp4
    5.1 MB
I originally posted an 'Any Interest' thread in another section, but now that I have this neat little Marketplace I will post in here instead.

For reference, this is my original post (https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-three-wire-clock) :
I should have looked closer when I was putting my interior back in place after I did the gauges and ML's harness, I had the clock running for about 5 mins and then the copper fried again. Which clock is this and of course, what can you do to fix me up? Thnx

Attachments

• BEAB4722-77C9-43FC-B585-F4AAA352FE3A.jpeg
    BEAB4722-77C9-43FC-B585-F4AAA352FE3A.jpeg
    773.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 1F1105C4-C7BB-408E-8669-8EC8A406AC24.jpeg
    1F1105C4-C7BB-408E-8669-8EC8A406AC24.jpeg
    673.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 366D9731-5843-4B1A-A01E-D471CDDDA991.jpeg
    366D9731-5843-4B1A-A01E-D471CDDDA991.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 16
Your clock has a GT (General Time) movement. By 'the copper fried' I am guessing the copper coil windings are burned up?
Send it in, I may be able to revive it.
Yes sir, the coil windings cooked. I'll get it out one of these days when my fingers won't freeze up here.

Back