Am I the only one that strongly dislikes these fender emblems?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my alternative. I paid a guy to draw/render for me the word "mustang" using the Mach 1 "font". So I have that actual font now. The emblem in this photo isn't real - yet. It's also just a rendering, and the letters will be black with a chrome outline just like the Mach 1 badges from the later Mach 1 models. I used the "1" for the "t" which gives the "t" that little swoop to the left and also gives that letter a bit more character. Also a subtle little nod to the Mach 1 this came from. I've sent everything to the guy that will be cutting these and I'll post up when I get the actual ones on the car.

Attachments

• Mustang_Logo_Mockup.png
    Mustang_Logo_Mockup.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 2
I guess I am the oddball. I prefer the stock look whether it is a Mach 1 decal or the script Mustang. I like the original paint schemes and the original interiors. I prefer the MUSTANG individual letters on the 71 decklid over the script Mustang that I think kwas on the 72 but I just want that correct look. Drivetrain can be whatever you want....but it is your car so make it reflect you. That is not to say I would not own a nonstock painted car. I like them all, just some more than others. I really want a Mexican Mach 1, I think they were called 73 Sprints. That paint is awesome.

Last edited:
Any mods bother me more and I aways expect to see more mods if I see something intentionally incorrect. If there is a mod, it should be something that can be bolted and removed without having to paint a body part. I don't like added factory style stripes and black hoods etc. If it doesn't match the Marti report, I consider it a project car to the percentage of the changes. A two-stage paint car in otherwise perfect condition is a car that needs a complete paint job if I were looking at it for sale. I never gave the Mustang script a second thought as it isn't a change that stands out.

I’m in the “no emblems” camp. Eventually I want a mostly stock-looking body, but with most of the visual clutter gone. I think it helps accentuate the nice body lines when the car has no graphics or emblems. I’ve removed the fender and rear emblems, as well as the rear trim panel and holes, and honestly, I’d never go back.

Attachments

• IMG_4284.jpg
    IMG_4284.jpg
    962.1 KB · Views: 0
I guess I'm one of the weirdos that actually likes the original Mustang script. I had a set of smoke cut-to-fit headlight covers on my '82 Mustang, and put that script on the outside lower corner of the driver side cover. Looked pretty cool at the time, I thought. But then I bought a set of Dobi I-Lids (laser cut) and just put some small block letters on each, which looked even better to me. Believe it or not, the covers were worth an extra 3mpg at highway speeds - which saved me almost a tankful of gas on my trips between SLC, UT and Alamogordo, NM (that was huge on E-3 pay).

Mustang1.jpg

The eyebrow emblem was some faded vinyl tape that I cut out the same letters from the nose bra's sticker (that didn't stay put very long).

Finished product. I'm pretty happy with the results. This project made me realize that my passenger side tape stripe is out of level more than it should be. I had a choice to level the badge or follow the stripe. I chose to follow the stripe. Driver side was much better. In a perfect world, I'd fill the holes in, and go no badges also. Also do an antenna delete too. But I don't need a re-paint, so this is good for now. The script matching the mach script just looks more "correct" to me. Not sure where the original emblem ever came from.

20231224_095457.jpg

20231224_095502.jpg

20231224_135657.jpg

20231224_143512.jpg

20231224_143707.jpg

20231224_144138.jpg

Back