Amy's '71 driveway refresher

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been another year +. Amy's tang is back in the driveway, The land-speed racing is going on hold for a couple of years while we get the tang back together and build a new race engine for her camaro. Garage is cleaned out ;) and the real mayhem will begin. Got a replacement hood (flat) and used trunk lid from folks here. Progress and questions will be posted on a regular basis. Really need to get this back on the road.......

Nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Got the carpet, pad and "sound deadener" out and found the floors to be solid. They should be because I also found that the had been patched in the distant past and sealed with a tar like stuff. The car came from upstate NY when new and from Wisconsin before here in NC. From under the car I couldn't see a seam or screws. :-/

Not raining or cold so time to get on the tang. Got the hockey stick trim off and inspected the gutters. They are in great shape. Tack strips were all whacked up but they going away so no biggy.

100_1127.JPG

100_1131.JPG

100_1135.JPG

Hey another N.C. Mustang nut. I am in Hendersonville. I have two 1972 mustang vert parts cars and a Q code 72 vert and two H code 73 verts. I am always buying something. Going for a load of parts and another car on Monday. Also have a 72 Mach and 73 Mach.

Let me know if you need something I might have or know where you can find.

Someone on the forum was asking where you could go to make high speed runs and I mentioned the ECTA. They use to run near one of our plants Scotland Manufacturing at the old Air Force base in N.C. but they stopped there a few years ago. Looks like have done pretty good at it.

Looks like you have floors and cowl in the future.

David

The "old" floor repair is quite solid and is not getting done this time. Getting the cowl parts soon as well as the replacement quarters. Need a pass side door bad. The drivers side is repairable. We drove the car a lot before I broke the trans and racing took over.

Back