An unofficial welcome to all the new members

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where to find a A pillar for a 71 coup

Hello All,

Just joined the group and looking foward to sharing a mutual love and passion for our cars!

Here is some info on my beloved 72 Vert.

1972 Mustang Convertible 351 CJ 4 Speed Manual Q-Code

Hurst Shifter, Power Windows, Power front Disc Brakes, Power Top, Tilt Steering Wheel, Air Conditioning, 3.25 Traction-Lok Dif, Center Console, Door Edge Guards, Décor package, AM/8 Track Stereo, Tinted Glass, Competition Suspension, Instrumentation Group, Convenience Group, Sebring Knit/Corinthian Vinyl Bucket Seats, Rim Blow Deluxe Steering Wheel, Color Keyed Racing Mirrors

Hello All,

Just joined the group and looking foward to sharing a mutual love and passion for our cars!

Here is some info on my beloved 72 Vert.

1972 Mustang Convertible 351 CJ 4 Speed Manual Q-Code

Hurst Shifter, Power Windows, Power front Disc Brakes, Power Top, Tilt Steering Wheel, Air Conditioning, 3.25 Traction-Lok Dif, Center Console, Door Edge Guards, Décor package, AM/8 Track Stereo, Tinted Glass, Competition Suspension, Instrumentation Group, Convenience Group, Sebring Knit/Corinthian Vinyl Bucket Seats, Rim Blow Deluxe Steering Wheel, Color Keyed Racing Mirrors

Welcome. Nice ride!!!

I finally found a good local facebook group to connect with. It turns out I have only 1 of 4 71-73 Mach 1's in the area that actually show up to any of the local events. I cant wait to take mine out to the first one in a week or 2.

Hello everyone, My name is Steve, friends call me Skeet, & hale from Salt Lake, UT. I bought/rescued a '73 Fastback a couple of months ago. It has a transplanted 351W, Top Loader 4-speed, and what appears to a couple of mechanics as a 9" rear end. It has its issues, like a lot out there. However, for the most part it is mechanically sound, and from the doors forward, very few cosmetic problems.

I definitely have a project...but it should keep me out of the bars and the red light district ;)  

Thanks for having me!

upload photos to the internet

Hello everyone, My name is Steve, friends call me Skeet, & hale from Salt Lake, UT. I bought/rescued a '73 Fastback a couple of months ago. It has a transplanted 351W, Top Loader 4-speed, and what appears to a couple of mechanics as a 9" rear end. It has its issues, like a lot out there. However, for the most part it is mechanically sound, and from the doors forward, very few cosmetic problems.

I definitely have a project...but it should keep me out of the bars and the red light district ;)  

Thanks for having me!

upload photos to the internet
:welcome2:  from Belgium

A good base to start this project  :bravo:

I bought a 1971 Mustang conv. this past summer that needs some work.I hope to gain much knowledge from the members here.

Thanks for the welcome! Just registered 2 minutes ago, I am very excited to show my progress of my obsession and vision.

Thanks for the welcome! Just registered 2 minutes ago, I am very excited to show my progress of my obsession and vision.
+1 great forum, thanks Jeff.

I was stupid not to find you guys before, would have saved a fortune and avoid stupid mistakes.

Cheers!

Recently there have been a lot of new members and I am pleased as a fellow member to welcome all of you to this forum. I call it an unofficial welcome because I am just another member.

Let me say this. This forum has always been a great resource. I hope each and every one of you has a positive experience here. The members are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We also, for the most part are nonjudgmental about what you might want to do to your car. Whether you are into preservation, concours restoration, hot rodding or restomodding there is something here for everyone.

I encourage each member, new and old alike, to reach out to members in their area and to make real connections. Many of us have found ourselves helping one another out.

Some forums are contentious and seem to be under the control of a clique of members who try and make it all about what they want and like. I haven't seen that here, so I want to encourage everyone to help keep this site great.

Don't be afraid to ask a question. While the search function is a great resource and I encourage its use, I also encourage each member to ask questions, even if they have been addressed before. Participation leads to a better discussion and helps us all to learn new things.

I look forward to learning from each of you and hopefully to provide a bit of help along the way.

Again, I don't speak for the forum, only myself, but I'm willing to bet most of us feel the same way.

Jeff

I have two Mach 1s a 71 and a 73 neither run at the moment. Work to much of it. And I'm getting older 62. Decided is time I stopped work so hard and spend some quality time in the garage. Plus I have a lot of question Will Autometer gauges fit? How much trouble replacing my tired smoking 180 thousand mile 302 with an 11 thousand mile 5.0 out of a wrecked 87.  So I must be in the correct place.

The newer 302 should be pretty much a drop-in. You can't use the harmonic balancer or flexplate and flywheel from the old engine. The external balancing changed from 28.2 ounces to 50 ounces in 1981. The bellhousing bolt pattern is the same.

Please start your own introduction thread in this (Introduction) section. Be forewarned, we like pictures.

Latest posts

Back