Another Newbie

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
66 Mustang 347/C4
69 Cougar XR7 460/C6
Hi everyone.

I grew up in a Ford / Mustang family - as a kid my Dad would take me (in his 59 Ford) down to the Ford dealership to drool over the Mustangs when they came out. Dad is pushing 80 now and still drives and still works on the '66 Mustang 'family car' he bought in '67. I wasn't really interested in the early Mustangs (since Dad already had a darn near perfect one) so when it was time to get my first car I went to the Cougar instead. I do not own a 71-73 Mustang, but in the late 70s one of my girlfriends had a '72 Grande that I really liked. Ever since I have been partial to the 71-73 style. If I get tired of my Cougars I will go after a 71-73 Sport-roof (is that the right term for a fastback?).

The main reason for me being here is to read your posts and get to know more about the 71-73 Mustangs. I have a small business that makes neat things like tachs and volt meters for classic Ford products and I am always looking for something to make or improve upon to help out the classic Ford community.

That's about it - thanks for letting me in and I look forward to learning more about your cars.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Hi everyone.

I grew up in a Ford / Mustang family - as a kid my Dad would take me (in his 59 Ford) down to the Ford dealership to drool over the Mustangs when they came out. Dad is pushing 80 now and still drives and still works on the '66 Mustang 'family car' he bought in '67. I wasn't really interested in the early Mustangs (since Dad already had a darn near perfect one) so when it was time to get my first car I went to the Cougar instead. I do not own a 71-73 Mustang, but in the late 70s one of my girlfriends had a '72 Grande that I really liked. Ever since I have been partial to the 71-73 style. If I get tired of my Cougars I will go after a 71-73 Sport-roof (is that the right term for a fastback?).

The main reason for me being here is to read your posts and get to know more about the 71-73 Mustangs. I have a small business that makes neat things like tachs and volt meters for classic Ford products and I am always looking for something to make or improve upon to help out the classic Ford community.

That's about it - thanks for letting me in and I look forward to learning more about your cars.
Welcome to the club, Bob. Looks like some nice work you've done.

Doc

WELCOME aboard, Bob!

As you may know, for a given model year, many of the Cougar and Mustang parts interchange to include things like glass, doors and of course engine, transmissions and rearends. You are in a GOOD place and I believe you will bring a lot to the discussions.

Again Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

Welcome to the site. I'm also into Cougars as well as Mustangs.

::welcome:: Chuck

Wow, you folks sure know how to make a newbie feel welcome! Thanks very much.

And it's great to see so many Cougars here - makes me feel less neckid! ;)

Ken - Thanks for asking, but I do not do mechanical gauges, sorry. As far as I know the only mechanical gauge options are aftermarket assemblies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back