Any advice o making 73 dash lights brighter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the recommendations about Rocketman's conversion tachs. I want a few features that his tach set up does not support, such as the ability to recall peak RPM and output for a shift light. I found what I wanted and ordered it this morning.

This is the one I ordered http://www.marshallinstruments.com/products/3096.cfm, though I got a much better price.

Now I have to figure out where I am going to mount the shift light . . . I'm tempted to mount it to shoot up through the defroster vents for a HUD of sorts.

Thanks for all the recommendations about Rocketman's conversion tachs. I want a few features that his tach set up does not support, such as the ability to recall peak RPM and output for a shift light. I found what I wanted and ordered it this morning.

This is the one I ordered http://www.marshallinstruments.com/products/3096.cfm, though I got a much better price.

Now I have to figure out where I am going to mount the shift light . . . I'm tempted to mount it to shoot up through the defroster vents for a HUD of sorts.
Is the new tach going in the same location of the factory one? Can you have the tach light up red when you need to shift, which means somehow wiring the shift light behind the tach and having it shine on the tach itself. I think this will be cool, but it may not work well when daylight.

Yes it will be worked into the stock housing. Your idea might be workable, I'll have to look at the available space. Rather than shine through the tach, it could shine on the face if I alter the cluster. That being said, I want a shift light so I don't have to be looking at the tach. My thought is that if I mount it to shine straight up through the defroster vent, that I could just put a piece of translucent plastic on the windshield above it to see the light even in daytime, while watching the track/road

Latest posts

Back