Anyone Do a Fuel Injection Conversion on a 351C?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't disagree with you on this matter. I was simply pointing out that there are factors that differ between the various systems.
Fair enough. Like I said, interesting information - I learned that E85 burns hotter than straight-up gasoline... which is odd because of the higher moisture content found in E85. :huh:

Jeff, thanks I think? nah just kidding.

I came to this site because I embrace technolgy and love applying it to my classics. Thats why Im always touting 4R70W's, EFI, 4 wheel Discs, Better gauges, automatic headlights, HID lighting and so on. I feel welcomed here because others have the same affinity for better fuctionality.

Price aside, the MassFlo kit outperforms anything else I have tried. Generally speaking EFI surpasses carburetion because it constantly adjusts the A/F ratio to meet outside air temp, air pressure and spark knock(the high end kits anyway) and each system has its own merits.

I actually used the '90-'93 5.0L EFI harness with aftermarket throttle body and a 351w intake. With an under cammed 393w and 6 psi boost, it made over 500rwhp. I have new built a 415w with a Paxton Novi-1500. It shood make around 625+ rwhp. I find see why the motor would matter as long as you can find or make an intake. Trick Flow makes an EFI intake for the Cleveland. I would check that out..

I've been running an injected Cleveland for about 6 years now. I used OEM Ford parts, using EEC-IV control, but also upgraded to EDIS8 with the 36-1 trigger wheel and eliminated the distributor. Very reliable and powerful.

All,

Great thread and awesome pictures. To sum it up, it all has to do with atomization of the fuel and air into the combustion chamber.

Fuel Atomization in internal-combustion engines, the mixing of fuel with air or some other oxidizer within the engine in order to achieve complete and rapid combustion of the fuel. In carburetor engines atomization is accomplished by the carburetor; in diesel engines and gasoline engines with direct fuel injection atomization is accomplished by nozzles. In all piston engines atomization also occurs while the fuel mixture moves through the combustion chamber.

Source: http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Fuel+Atomization 06/09/15

The Carburetor, as the technology of the time, did what it is was designed to. Unfortunately, it's design was not the most efficient delivery system as with the EFI system. As stated in earlier threads, the EFI system can adjust to the maximum efficiency per the design of the delivery system.

Once I can afford it, EFI is the way I will go!

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
Back