Anyone looking for an intense project?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You and i are the same stage of are mach1 projects . Check out my pic 71 gallery. i finished tear down this past weekend.
Time to catch up. Mine went to the soda blaster last Wednesday. Body work starts next weekend.

Yours is looking good. Not alot of rust spots...at least compared to mine. It shouldn't take you long to git er dun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grab it and strip it for nut bolts screws clips trust me. Cant have to many spare parts. I striped a rust free 72 grande. It ran but the 351c had a rod knock.I sold sum parts and cut the cowl piece out that i need for my mach. Then scraped the body. My 2nd parts car is a 72 mach 1. That when i'm dun with my 71 mach 1 will sell as is
There's alot to be said for that but I really do not have the room for it and my HOA would not appreciate it sitting in my driveway.
Don't ya just love HOAs? Can't work in the garage with the door open here.

Not close enough, besides my garage is already full. The rear spoiler along with some of the other parts ought to get you your money back. Don't forget to save the glass. As soon as I can retire, I'll travel around the country collecting. But for now, I'm cooped up in Michigan. Actually, we are now snowed in and no one is going anywhere....

If I were closer, I would buy it for a lawn ornament to stick out in the field. Seriously...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't feel the need strip all the paint off so i'm going to sandblast parts of the cowl and around battery tray was. Taking a small break from car to go to desert with dunebuggy and Christmas. I plan to sandblast and start welding in rust patch's on new years.

It is in pretty rough shape, but even parting it out might get you some good money for your project. Does it come with the tach .The gauge cluster with the tach and wiring harness is very sought after by people with dummy lights who want the original look.I called a few places when I got my car to see what they would go for and I was told around 1000$.So if the interior is decent parting it out and selling on e'bay could be worth someones time.
Thre is not one piece of sheetmetal that is ok..except maybe the roof. The interior is pretty well shot.

The car was originally a 2V with an auto tranny and the standard lower end interior. I doubt it has any high performance parts...like the rear end.

I was originally thinking of using it for a parts car, but the only thing I could use is the passenger tail light.

I'd rather see it get saved though. If I had a large enough place to put it for a few years I'd do it.
I might be interested.send me a message if you would not mind.Thanks! Eddie aka FastE

Mustang 2.jpg

Back